“Just Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Brooklyn
“Just Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I are both from Brooklyn NY and I work in Battery City. I've always admired the Ritz from the outside. So when deciding where we wanted to spend our wedding night, I chose this hotel. I am SO happy we did. We got to the city around 2am, walked into the lobby in our full wedding gear and were treated so nicely! Everyone was so excited to see us and were so accomodating. The gave us water bottles and I asked if they had Tylenol, and they had someone deliver us some to the room. They took our bags up to the room for us and just made sure we were comfortable.

The room was beautiful with a stunning view of Lady Liberty and the NY Harbor. The bed was more comfortable than my own! And the bathroom was to die for. Seperate soaking tub was beautiful.

I truly felt like a royal tourist in my own city. Would definitely love to spend another night here!

1 Thank Jessica V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Beautiful property on the southern tip of Manhattan. Very convenient location for business or leisure travel, although midtown is 15-20 minute subway or cab ride away. A much more quiet and low-key area than typical on the island. I would highly recommend.

Check in was a breeze; no upgrades were available as the hotel was booked up for the weekend. Statue of Liberty view room was wonderful. Extremely comfortable bed and linens. View was fantastic; and room was huge by New York standards. Bathroom was well-appointed and quite large. Shower and water pressure was spectacular. Pillow-top bed was very comfortable.

Ate at the hotel restaurant (see the review for 2 West), bar and ordered room service every morning for breakfast. Room service was very elegant and delicious. Food was piping hot and fresh as were the baked goods. Orange juice tasted like it was freshly squeezed.

The service was so friendly, welcoming and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better staff. High marks all around.

Room Tip: Statue of Liberty view rooms feature a telescope and and a sweeping view.
1 Thank Rob D
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay and could not have had a better mini-vacation! When we checked in (Maya) and they upgraded us to a magnificent water & Statue of Liberty view room complete with telescope. When they found out it was my birthday they sent up complimentary champagne! The furnishings were tasteful and very comfortable. All the staff were extremely attentive and friendly.

The Battery Park City location was great for walking to the World Trade Center Memorial, Financial Center, several excellent museums, fantastic restaurants. Tribecca and the South Street Seaport. Service in the restaurant was great as was the food. We even lucked out it being "Restaurant Week" with discounted prix-fixe menus. When we had a problem with one key not working and having to have it reprogrammed several times. "For our inconvenience" Linda from Security offered us a complimentary breakfast or lunch.

Definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a water-view room available. They are very accommodating if they have one.
1 Thank kroywen1
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a very nice Ritz hotel, but it was not my favorite Ritz. The furnishings were beautiful and the bed was incredibly comfortable. My one downside for the stay was the staff; typically they are tripping over themselves to be helpful and welcoming. However, I felt, at times that the reception staff and concierge staff thought that they were doing me a favor by helping me out. Also, little things like the shampoos, waters, etc. not being replenished daily were annoying. I totally expected to pay a lot for the one-bedroom suite we had, but thought that I wouldn't feel nickel and dimed by not having enough shampoo for two people to bathe every day. These may seem like picky complaints, but when you are paying top dollar and are staying at a Ritz, I have come to expect better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ColoradoTraveler327
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park. Could see the Statue of Liberty from my room and even had a telescope by the window. Easy sunway ride to downtown NYC. This place is great but a little pricey

• Stayed November 2011
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Very nice as expected. Fastest check-in I have ever experienced. Very quiet rooms. Rooms with view of Statue of Liberty are very cool. Serta bed, "master suite" type bathroom with bathtub and separate toilet room and shower feel just like home or better. Bar service was great.

Room Tip: Try for view of Statue of Liberty.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Harpenden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I chose this hotel for my fiance's birthday - we were in NYC for a 5 day trip and had 2 nights here. The location was, on first appraisal, a bit 'business-y' but it's a short step to the boat trips to Liberty Island and Ellis Island. In the heat I was so pleased we didn't have to travel far to get to 2 of the major sites. The accommodation was lovely (we had a Statue of Liberty view room which was definitely worth the extra money). Any 'view' in New York is hard to come by so we were pleased we had the scenery. I was disappointed not to have any outdoor bar space - it's not a busy junction and it seemed non-sensical not to have this on offer. The lack of complementary wifi, for a hotel of this calibre, also struck me as odd. I can't remember the last time I visited a hotel without complimentary wifi. For example, being tourists and being able to do something as simple as connect my phone to the wifi would have made me feel much less of a 'visitor in a foreign land'...

The service was lovely - they surpassed my expectations and the little touches (a bottle of champagne for the aforementioned birthday etc) certainly bought a potenailly impersonal hotel into the 'warm and friendly' camp for me.

Being near the water in the heat of the city offered some great respite from the oppresive temperatures. I would go back to the RC - the service, the location, the banter with the doormen etc... all adds up to a lovely experience.