“Take this tour and you will fall in love with New York City” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Full Day Private Custom Tour of NYC
Ranked #201 of 585 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: i am the "property." i am sophisticated, urbane, charming, good looking and a very funny guy. by the time the day ends, i will have turned you into a person who really knows new york city. you could almost call it a "class" instead of a "tour." but, there is no exam at the end of the day. Although the tour must be bought in advance, if the client cancels for any reason there is a full refund without fees or surcharges. During the tour, you will get to taste our famous street food. My treat. You also get a fine tote and maps and brochures.
San Dimas, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take this tour and you will fall in love with New York City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We traveled to New York City for our anniversary and it was our first time there. As part of this trip I wanted to take the kind of tour that would introduce us to the real New York, and help us to experience this quite expansive city in a personalized and special way.

Of course there are many tour options available, including the sightseeing tour buses, and some other interesting alternatives. We decided to go with the Gabby Cabby and could not have been happier with the day that we had. I think we would have been very disappointed had we gone with one of the typical bus tours.

Our time with Peter was a mix of cultural lessons and entertainment - we thoroughly enjoyed the engaging conversations and certainly learned a great deal about New York City. By the end of the tour, I felt a whole lot more knowledgeable and this provided us with lots of ideas for the remainder of our stay.

Highly recommend that you take this tour. As I told him in a note, we fell in love with New York City, and it was mostly his fault.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank M_M_09202003

Hueytown, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Yankee vs Southener”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had a great time w/Peter. Three of us climbed into his "ride", and we watched and listened as he shared stories and tips. He listened to us and gave us a great day. Felt like we were friends immediately. Ya'll please help out this ole geezer in his golden years. Keep him on the streets taking care of all us pesky tourists. Plus it keeps him out of the house during the day, we got a thank you card from his wife. Frank, Janell & Janet from Alabama

2 Thank Frank J
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fabulous personal trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was the fourth time I had done the Gabby Cabby trip. Each time with different friends. It was equally as good as the last three times. You get to see all the areas of New York you can't get to on bus trips and it is so personal as there is only your party on the trip. Peter was as informative and witty as ever. He is always bang on time to pick you up and the timing of the trip is in your hands.

I would put this trip down as a must do, especially for people who are on their first trip to New York as it gives you a much needed insight to a fabulous city, before you go it alone.

I would recommend you do the trip as soon as possible on your holiday then you have a good grounding for what you want to do and where you want to go..

I will definitely do his trip again next time I am in New York, especially as Peter is now doing a Brooklyn trip.

1 Thank Loopyloo02
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“See it all in one day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was my first trip to NYC, my wife's 2nd. This was our 15th anniversary trip. I surprised my wife with a Gabby Cabby tour. We did the full day Manhattan tour. Peter picked us up and really showed us around!! By the end of the day it felt like we had seen the whole city already and we had our whole trip left. Peter gave us great advice for the rest of of our trip. I was a bit apprehensive about booking at first, BUT you can trust him and it was more than worth it. We would have not gotton to experience half of what we did if we had not taken the tour. He is a real cut up too, we had a lot of fun.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank HendrixIII
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way to see New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband, son and I had a full day in NYC with Peter, he picked us up at 9am and dropped us back to the hotel at 5.30. What a fantastic way to get to grips with the city, I had never been before and this made me understand it a lot better.We had decided to go on our first day which was a good idea as we got lots of little tasters and we then picked where to go on the rest of our trip. Peter is very knowledgeable and entertaining, we had great fun and when he jokingly suggested our 14 year old son stay with him at he end of the trip I was worried that he would consider it! I can't recommend Peter highly enough, much better value than an organised bus tour and great insight into the bits of New York you might not otherwise see or hear of. Tom, GIllian and Jack