Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews original cabin light sleeper small space earplugs lowry soho
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Don't stay here if you are taller than 175 cm which is the length of one of the miniscule cabins! Felt like an up-market homeless shelter - flimsy plywood partitioning between the cabins. Awoken frequently by loud farting, gargling, snoring etc. Bathrooms are clean. If you are comfortable staying in hostel accommodation then recommend here because of location.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
MJDempsey, General Manager at The Bowery House by OYO, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Stephen W,

Thank you for staying with us and posting a review. The Bowery House is a hostel (we are listed as a hostel) and not in any way an up-market homeless shelter. We offer very affordable rates in a great neighborhood with some of the best staff you will find in the city. We are proud to offer clean, cool and affordable accommodations in a city that seldom combines all of these attributes.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in July. I was dubious at first as it is a hostel but there was no need. Staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. The Wimbledon final was on the day after I arrived and the girl at the desk made a point of finding the channel it was on to make sure I could watch it (sad, I know...middle of New York and I'm watching tennis!) Rooms are tiny with only room for a bed and nothing more but that's all you need if you're out all day (case fits under the bed). On the main floor (a flight of stairs from street level) is a female only private bathroom and another shared bathroom with two toilets and three showers. The cleaner did well to keep these clean but with so many in and out all day it was a bit if a thankless task. Still, it was fine. They have a fridge at reception with drinks for sale and a wee cubby where you can buy small toiletries which was great for me as the airline lost my case and I was without it for four of my seven day trip. At night it could get a bit noisy but I had good strong gel ear plugs so had no problem with that. Beds were very comfortable but are only changed once a week and given the heat outside, we were a bit sweaty. Inside though, the air-conditioning was perfect but again, a bit noisy. We'd have been lost without it tho. There's a roof terrace too, nice to sit in but it was too hot for me...plus I was eaten alive by mosquitoes. All in all, a lovely, laid back week with great staff and all the essentials. I'd definitely go back and recommend to others.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear LizzieSt.

Thank you for staying at The Bowery House and posting a review. Cabins are compact as are most accommodations in NYC. We know people come to enjoy New York City and have many cabin options from the smallest Original Cabin to best - The Prince Room.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

If what you are after is a cheap bed to sleep on after exploring Manhattan this is pretty well perfect. The room, as many have said before is tiny but it's what you expect. I'm 6"2 and didn't have too many problems sleeping, if anything the noise was a bigger distraction. Use the ear plugs, you'll need them. Room was spotless, shared bathrooms were generally clean though occasionally left a bit to be desired. The rooftop deck is a really cool addition and place to hang! Wifi great and location is incredible. Overall if you want a base to explore from and not a place to spend copious amounts of time in, this is a cheap clean option.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Sam O,

Thank you for your recent stay and review! We have such great guests and are very happy you were able to enjoy the rooftop. It is an oasis in a busy city. If you ever have problems with noise, let us know so we can address it. So glad you enjoyed our location! Everything is so close and many fun places within a short walk.
We hope you return next time you are in NYC!

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Take note of the length of the room. I am 1,75 mts high and i was able to touch both walls with feet and head. Not enough space to open the luggage inside neither. No cleaning at all in the "room". There is no possible way to clean that during the stay without taking things out of the room. Walls dividing rooms are like fiberboard. roof of rooms are opened , so you can feel quite close to everyone around all the time. Some kind of homeless with a strong pee smell in the entrance of the room area. I was amused by that guy and took several pictures of him while he was asleep. I guess he has no access to the bathroom o he did´t care, not sure. Men in the first floor. Women in the second, where the lobby is. No kitchen available for men, only for women or at least that is what they told me when i asked for it. The ones in the first floor don´t have access to the kitchen. The ones in the second floor yes. So, i wouldn´t stay here again, but if I have to: i´d do whatever is necessary to stay on the second floor. I did´t have access to that area, but for sure it is much better. My cousin was with me and his room was being cleared without any pre-advice. Pros: It is placed in a nice area. All in all, i think it was too expensive for what you get.Oh! and you have one toilet in the first floor, for nearly 20 rooms. There is another toilet for the staff that you can use.

Room tip: Get a room in the lobby floor.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
MJDempsey, General Manager at The Bowery House by OYO, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear Matias_Herrero,

Thank you for your review and recent stay! Sounds like you booked our Original Cabin which is the smallest and most affordable. We have larger cabins and one with windows as well so book one of those for your next stay. Cleanliness is very important to us and our guests. I will look into the smell you experienced. We do not have a kitchen of any type so I'm not sure what you missed out on. We have several lobby areas and a roof garden for our guests to socialize. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Matthew Dempsey / GM

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

I stayed in 2012. The ground floor had many elderly men staying so it felt like a halfway house. Walked in on a guy peeing with door open. If it's still the same, short stay only. Good to have private partitions but expect to hear everyone else's business as there is no ceiling. Location is very good.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Vacationer221055
MJDempsey, General Manager at The Bowery House by OYO, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Thank you for your review but since your stay was in 2012 I suggest that you come stay again.
Our boutique hostel located on The Bowery provides some of the best affordable accommodations for those visiting New York City. Our hostel has shared bathrooms and lovely lobby areas to gather and plan your day or evening. The vibrant neighborhood provides plenty of entertainment within a short distance.
We look forward to your return to The Bowery House.