“An Great intro to New york”
Review of The Bowery House

The Bowery House
Ranked #31 of 76 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2014

to begin i stayed in newyork from the end of febuary to the beginning of march and yeh the weather in new york wasnt nice but my stay here was absolutely one of my highlights of my stay. The entrance to the hotel is vintage and the decor itself is beautiful .This is definately boutique style , from the bathrooms , to the showers , as well as the corrodors. From reading the reviews i was preparing for a really small room , but WOW it was just perfect and cute for me , i am a 5ft 9inches in height so i fit in nicely. I also was pleasantly suprised by the friendliness of the Staff.Tiffany helpful as well beautiful and kind , Christopher was always friendly and great speaker with a refreshing outlook. I also enjoyed oscars company , a very refined , well spoken individual .Other staff that also made my stay were john and jamie , who always greeted me with a smile. I loved the character of this place , the common room was a good place to meet people from different parts of the world.The showers were always hot and the floor i was on were mostly women. It was overall an expereince i will remember.
Thankyou to all who work at The Bowery house.

Room Tip: Room is Super cosy. On a winter in New york city to have a warm room to go to was Amazing.Everyone i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Ikram A
MJDempsey, General Manager at The Bowery House, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Ikram A,
Thank you for your stay and FIVE STAR REVIEW! We enjoyed having you stay with us. The Cabins are comfortable and our staff really care about guests as you experienced. We have an international clientele and they are quick to make new friends. Your experience at The Bowery House is part of the magic we are able to offer our guests for an unforgettable stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to NYC!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Although the room was quite small overall I had a great stay, first time in New York City and I will definitely be back as well as recommend my friends to stay here. Was checked in by Tiffany who was extremely sweet, proficient and professional, not to mention a stunner! She was very patient with me and answered all my questions as well as guided me throughout the whole city.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Wferin,
Thank you for your stay and review! Our cabins offer a traditional and very affordable way to visit New York City. As you experienced, our staff want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Staff can help with maps, subway information, directions and tickets to the best of the city. Please stay with us again!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at The Bowery House for 3 weeks in February, this was my second trip to New York first to The Bowery House. I thought it was one of the best budget accommodation in New York City.

The Bowery House is in the perfect location to stay if you want to explore down-town like the World Trade Centre and Statue of Liberty, you can even walk to Times Square which took me about and hour.

The rooms a small just have a bed and a side table just enough room for your luggage. Its safe and secure. Bathrooms and toilets where cleaned everyday. The Bowery House isn't really suitable for people who want a good night sleep, as the cabins have no ceilings but don't let that put you off.

Perfect for Solo travellers and also couples, good location, friendly staff, safe and secure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff H

Dear Jeff H,
Thank you for your stay and FIVE STAR REVIEW! We are thrilled you enjoyed our excellent location. It is so easy to explore NYC from The Bowery House. Our cabins are affordable so you can spend more out enjoying the city and the sights. As you noticed, we take cleanliness very serious - it makes for a better stay. I am so glad our friendly staff was able to help you, we have some of the best staff in the city. Always ready to help in any way possible.
I hope to see you on your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

actually there are no rooms, just small cabins without ceiling. so you will be hearing all your neighbors throughout the night. it is a budget friendly hostel with a great location. also there are no elevators, so be prepared to carry your luggage upstairs if you are not a backpacker.

Room Tip: would recommend rooms with window..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Manolya K

Dear Manoyla K,
Thank you for your stay and review! Our cabins are perfect for the traveler to sleep and stow luggage while visiting the great city of Manhattan. No elevator, but our staff is always glad to help with luggage, just let us know you need help!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Perfect for solo travellers. Small cabins, literally use just as a place to sleep and keep belongings safe. Would recommend to friends, and will be staying there next time I'm in New York. Free wifi and lovely communal living area. Bathrooms are super clean,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Daisy V

Dear Daisy V,
Thank you for your review and stay! The Bowery House is the perfect place for solo or couple travelers. We look forward to having your friends stay with us. We offer fast wifi to keep our guests connected and a beautiful lobby to enjoy, relax and meet others. We are proud to keep our bathrooms 'super clean' for our Super Guests.
Matthew Dempsey/General Manager.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Rooms are clean. Small, but this is Manhattan so wasn't surprised. Bathroom is very clean! Reception desk are the best. Very friendly and willing to help. Christopher was very friendly and so were all the other receptionist that I came into contact with. A great deal.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank nycworldtraveling
MJDempsey, General Manager at The Bowery House, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear nycworldtraveling,
Thank you for your stay and FIVE STAR REVIEW! We are proud to offer guests a great place to stay when visiting NYC. We take cleanliness very serious and are glad you noticed! Our staff at the front desk is glad to help in any way possible. Restaurant recommendations, local travel insights and subway directions are only a few of the things we are happy to provide to our dear guests. We hope you will call The Bowery House home when you are in New York.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

First off, you have to know what you're getting into when you book your stay at The Bowery House. The cabins are very small but the price you pay for a great location is worth it in my opinion.

- I booked a Cabin w/ window for 3 nights ( I was upgraded after the first night which I'll get to later). The bed in my Cabin fit my wife and I comfortably. I'm 5'10 and I still had a little foot room to spare when I laid down on the bed. The bed essentially takes up the whole cabin with a foot or two of walking space between the door and the bed. As far as storage space goes, there was just enough room for our suitcase and a backpack.

- No ceiling to the cabin. It's just a thatched roof covering the cabin so you'll be able to hear those staying in the cabins around you. However, everyone seemed to respect this and I never heard someone talking loudly or making a lot of noise.

I do want to express how friendly and accommodating the staff at The Bowery House were. After check-in, my wife and I went to our Cabin to find that it was not ready. The old sheets/covers were still on the bed and you could tell it had not been cleaned (some trash and stains on the bed sheets). We told the front desk and they were very apologetic about it. My wife and I ended up waiting another 30 minutes or so while they prepared our cabin. They again expressed that they were sorry and upgraded us to the Prince Room for the last 2 nights of our stay. The Prince Room was a pleasant surprise with it's own A/C unit, Television, Queen bed and plenty of room for my wife and I to spread out.

I would definitely recommend The Bowery House to those who want a budget-friendly place to crash while exploring NYC. They have a great staff and a perfect location (close to the Brooklyn Bridge, Little Italy, Chinatown, great bars and restaurants)

I recommend checking out these bars/restaurants that are close to The Bowery House:
- Randolph Beer (great food/good craft beer selection)
- The Bowery Diner (went there for breakfast - a bit pricey but the food was amazing )

Also - If you're looking for something to do at night and like music - go check out Rockwood Music Hall (less than 10 minute walk from The Bowery House). My wife and I went on a Saturday night and there was no cover. We got see three very different but very entertaining musicians/bands.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevin r
MJDempsey, General Manager at The Bowery House, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear kevin r,
Thank you for your stay and review! We really do offer a great experience. Our guests enjoy the rates, attention to detail and service at The Bowery House. We know our guests have many choices when traveling to NYC. We want to add to the NYC experience in any way possible for our travelers. I'm proud we were able to take excellent care of you during your stay. Please let me know when you are returning so we can make sure everything is PERFECT!
Safe travels,