“Delicious Burger, Vile service.”
Review of The Counter

The Counter
Order Online
Ranked #576 of 16,723 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been there 3 days ago. It was not the first time I ate at The Counter. Burgers are delicious, probably the best ones I have ever had, and the side salad was very fresh but the service.... oh the service!!!
That is just a disaster. Staff does not smile, they look at you as if you were there sitting and eating for free. And of course, in the end, they expect their 20% of service tip. Sorry, but behaving like this, they do not deserve even a thank you.
Go for the burgers, don't expect friendly staff.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Exceptional hamburgers and salads at a very reasonable price in the heart of time square and the theaters. hamburgers cooked and fixed fresh. Next night had the Asian salad with Ginger dressing. so fresh and healthy, real Gem in the heart of other more expensive eateries.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2019

I chose to eat here as it seemed a bit less busy than some other resteraunts in the area. The service I receieved from the staff was attentive, friendly and welcoming. The food I ordered, a burger and loaded fries was incredible and filled me up. I however felt for what I ordered the place was a bit over-priced.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Really liked this place. I am a particularly fussy eater so it was great that I was able to customise my burger to my exact liking. The tables are rammed in and it’s was busy but the waiter was helpful in explaining the menu options. Food was hot, tasty and delicious.

Reviewed September 2, 2019

I've eaten here a couple of times, always for lunch. Burgers taste good, but are invariably overcooked. Fries are very good and substantial. Tables are New York crowded, so expect to be jammed in. But unlike other places, the staff are not super friendly. Most seem to want to be elsewhere, and that's off-putting. Given the prices, I would have expected friendlier staff.