“Tourist trap”

Ranked #9,523 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Avoid this restaurant. The food is terrible, service is poor, the atmosphere is loud and invoice ... very expensive. We went there in Easter holiday and this supper completely spoiled our evening

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food was simply TERRIBLE. We never complain and never take the time to write reviews on internet but it was so terrible we thought we have to write a review this time to prevent other people to go there. We first arrived and we had a doubt immediately as we were tasting olive oil on bread which did not taste like olive oil at all and the taste was horrible, i felt we were eating gazoline! We ordered pizza then, the ingredients had no taste at all as well, the pizza did not look like a pizza and did not have any taste at all except that it had burnt a bit under, so that was what we tasted!. We had a few bites but could not eat further, so we returned them, and just wanted to run out but did not want to be impolite. We then ordered pasta which were also terrible, and at that point we were afraid we would get sick but did not. We paid more than 50 dollars for pasta and a glass of wine which was probably cut with water, this restaurant should not be opened, the cook is for sure not a cook and the worse thing is that a few streets from there there is an excellent restaurant called la trattoria next to the subway station, a real Italian restaurant with excellent food.
This was the worse expérience we had in our life. This is not because we did not like the food, this is really because it was disgusting and that there is some thing wrong with this restaurant and what is really happening in the kitchen. Oh and we forgot to mention we were sitting next to the door, it was freezing cold, not sure the heating was on while it was close to 30F outside....

Reviewed January 25, 2013

A beautiful Italian Restaurant on 93 MacDougal St in Little Italy NYC serving the finest Italian food,T-bone steak, pizza, pasta, seafood.High quality food ..Service Excellent .

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Literally the worst experience in all of Manhattan. Just do not eat here. First off, my appetizer came out on a plate that was clearly dirty and the side salad was all rotten lettuce, not just limp or a day past fresh, it was black and slimy, sticking to the few good pieces. I almost threw up. I should have just left at that point. Next dish to come out cam out cold; cold eggplant, the cheese not melted, topped with cold pasta sauce. Sent that back immediately. What an amazingly terrible place. DO NOT GO. Read the reviews on FourSquare and Yelp - everybody is saying the same thing I am.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Disgusting food and management attitude - I've had better food and service in a market stall in Bolivia paying 90c. I've had much better pizza in a tiny shop near 187 st in the hispanic area. We made the mistake of walking in here on a Friday night. We were in the mood for Pizza, although it seems a bit pricey we assumed that the price reflected the quality. We couldn't have been more wrong. Firstly the place was about 1/4 full and the hostess seemed to be only seating people right up near the window, there were too many tables crammed into a tiny space that waiters were constantly tripping over us and they were trying to squeeze other customers into areas with no room to breathe. Secondly they had some horrible radio station on in the background with bad commercial dance music playing. The table next to us (1 foot away) was also complaining about the music. We ordered 2 glasses of wine which were mediocre at best and 2 personal pizzas. The pizza was disgusting, the base was tough, the cheese tasted like cheap garbage and the olives were completely tasteless and rubbery. The server came over to ask us if everything was alright and I said 'not really' and she just walked off. We sat there for a few minutes looking at the filth in front of us, I tried to eat a quarter of my pizza before I gave up and we decided this was not worth $35. Another server came over as it was obvious we were not eating our food, we said it was bad and we said we wanted to pay for our wine and leave. He said ok and just walked away as well. At this point we were not going to bother sitting there any longed. We walked out. Halfway down the street the server chased us down telling us we had to pay, the manager also chased us and accused us of running away. I told him we complained to two waiters about the food and they did nothing so we left, the girl we initially said something to denied it. We tried to leave again and he grabbed hold of me and called 911! All this for 2 crappy pizzas which tasted like it would have cost them $5 each to make maximum. I told him we offered to pay for the wine and wanted to leave but he insisted we wait for the police at the restaurant, so we go back and stand around for another 15 minutes with our crappy uneaten pizza staring at us. All the while telling us that he hasn't had any issues in 25 years which is BS if you look at any of the reviews anywhere online. While I start getting angrier. He asks where we are from and as soon as he found out we were tourists he suddenly decides to take the $20 I offered for the wine and let us leave. Apparently the police arrived shortly after so hopefully they gave him an earful for wasting their time on a Friday night.