“FUN! FUN! FUN!”

Whiskey Tavern
Ranked #945 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chinatown
New York City, New York
“FUN! FUN! FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went there to have a drink or two with friends before heading home. Hours later and after many rounds of "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots" and fireball whiskey shots, we were amongst the liveliest patrons and servers. What a great night. I am definitely going back and probably bringing more friends. Everyone is welcome at Whiskey Tavern!!!

Visited August 2013

Norwood, Minnesota
“Great people; great bartenders; great drinks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This little Tavern is a place where people still talk to one another and have a good time. The bartenders are the best. They joke and smile and chat with ya, whole the patrons are much the same. I was goofing around Chinatown with a friend one night when we found this place and we loved it. We met people that were lawyers to regular working guys and gals.

It's easy to get to as well. Take the 6 train down to canal. Walk East on Canal. Right on Baxter. Whiskey Tavern is one block down on your left. It looks like a dark little street, but don't be afraid. It is right across the street from a correctional facility. In fact those twin buildings are the ones they film on Law and Order. May I suggest a Long Island Iced tea with top shelf booze. A little dab will do ya.

• Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Go here well worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Called in tired and thirsty Left refreshed after a beer and some excellent food.

The staff are very friendly and when we revisited recalled exactly what drink we had the previous visit.

Ask to try a pickle back a local delicacy apparently of pickle juice and whiskey shots.

If your in the area of City hall it's not far but well worth finding a hidden gem.

• Visited April 2013
“The bartenders are absolutely amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was the only bar within a pretty decent radius of our hotel that had good reviews. My boyfriend and I walked into this place not expecting much, but it turned out to be an awesome night! As soon as we walked in the bartenders, Philip and Rob both introduced themselves, they were extremely friendly and attentive to everyone the entire night! I mentioned it was my boyfriends birthday one brief time and before we knew it they had brought out a little dessert with a sparkler in it! It was cute! They just made our night so enjoyable and although we don't live in the area, we will absolutely go back just because of the bartenders! Oh and shots of whiskey with pickle back shots are a must try!

Houston, Texas
“Very friendly, neighborhood style bar in the old 5 Points”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stumbled upon the Whiskey Tavern on a Sunday afternoon while waiting for my car to the airport. I had spent most of my trip north of Canal and decided to venture south of Canal and found this little gem not far from the Metropolitan Correctional Center. The bartenders were all very friendly, and quick despite the crowd there to watch the Giants game. Didn't have any food, but I enjoyed the beer and atmosphere. Will be back on my next visit.

• Visited October 2012