“Not the bagel I was looking for.....”
Review of Murray's Bagels

Murray's Bagels
Ranked #43 of 388 Bakeries in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Chicago, IL
“Not the bagel I was looking for.....”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just wanted a bagel and a smear. The bagel seemed a bit tough. Not what I was looking for. Good coffee. Very limited seating.

Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
NY, NY
“Best Lentil Soup ever!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was recommended to go there for the Bagels, but after a cold morning in NY we went in and got the lentil soup! Amazing! Hearty & affordable! We had both people seating next to us ask us what kind of soup we were having and they went and got one! We totally recommend for a fast, accessible and hearty lunch!! (We went back two days later on our 6 day visit!)

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank FlorLeon
Chicago, Illinois
“Very disappointing & expensive”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Perhaps it was the type of bagel (I like mine chewy and soft) this was crunchy and hard. I just didn't care for it.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Bagels and spreads”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I don't have bagels often but when I do, I travel to Murray's because their bagels are so dependably great and chewy, the way I like them. They have a large variety of types and I love the scallion spread, and the lox spread too. The bench just outside is perfect for a few minutes rest before I hurry on. Long live Murray's great store and bagels!

• Visited April 2013
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Totally Overated With Dire Staff”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Tried this place on after a recommendation. A huge queue made me think it must be worth the wait, how wrong could I be, Ordered a couple of egg bagels, one with no cheese so not a complicated order. They are quick to take your money and ridiculously slow to give you your food. One bagel turned up then it took another (not an exaggeration) 25 mins for the second. I repeatedly asked the cashier where the second one was and he kept shouting to he back and telling me it would not be long. Eventually I asked for my money back at which point a rude little man picked up a wrapped bagel off the back counter and said its been there all the time, shoving it towards me. It was sweaty and soggy and I was made to feel that its was my fault, despite it being behind the counter!!! Problem was they already had my money so they didn't care. PLEASE don't waste your money here, Bagels on the Square down towards Bleeker Street is far superior with friendly staff and much tastier bagels.

• Visited March 2013