“Best bagels in NYC?!”

Ranked #35 of 402 Bakeries in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Popped in to Murray's because it's just around the corner from the Chelsea International Hostel. There was a queue which I took as a good sign and I wasn't wrong! It went really quickly and there was so much choice I needed a bit of thinking time! My partner and I both went for the wholewheat everything bagel with sundried tomato and garlic cream cheese, topped with smoked salmon in my case and pastrami in hers. They were both amazing. I was surprised the bagels didn't come toasted, but I discovered why - they are so incredibly fresh that toasting would be a sin! Also the pastrami was the best I've ever tasted. I'm definitely going back for more!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Grabbed breakfast to go from Murray's recently. On the weekends, expect a long line but it moves quickly. I love the ambiance, extensive menu but smallish space. It just feels very New York to me. I got the LEO - add cream cheese - and just a turkey with egg on a sesame bagel. Both were excellent, and the bagels do not need toasting! Very satisfying breakfast. And make sure you grab a La Colombe coffee!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great bagels. Much better than hotel prices for breakfast.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I enjoyed my fruit bagel and flavoured coffee as I sat down before attending a show at a comedy club just around the corner. The staff were friendly and helpful and there were plenty of seats.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

had the sesame bagel with nova cream cheese. It was really good - I'm glad they don't toast the bagels!