“Amazing View”

Bateaux New York Dinner Cruise
$74.34*
Spirit of New York City Buffet Lunch Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us aboard Spirit of New York and Spirit of New Jersey for a fun mix of dining, dancing, entertainment and skyline views. Cruising the Hudson River year-round, Spirit has a variety of lunch, dinner, moonlight and holiday cruises like Mother's Day, plus dozens of themed cruises, to choose from.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family took the luncheon cruise on the Hudson River during the holiday weekend. It was a beautiful afternoon and the weather was great! The buffet was diverse and I had a beautiful cocktail that was quite tasty.
After lunch, we went up to the upper deck and watched the scenery and the skyline as we sailed. It was amazing! All the new construction and the Freedom tower and Statue of Liberty made it a wonderful trip. My grandchildren had a great time.

The only drawback was the number of people the waitress was trying to serve. Additionally, there should have been signage to direct people who need handicap access.

1  Thank EBW47

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The views are 5 stars, the food is 3, the service is 2 - just serving to many people and not enough time to tend to the guests needs appropriately. It's a good trip, don't get me wrong, and we both felt like a good value for the money spent. It was good, just not great.

1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Let me explain. We chose the buffet rather than the dinner. As we sat at our table at the dock we were told the buffet was ready !! I understood this was a dinner / buffet cruise not floating restaurant.The food was very poor bland and tasteless.For the money the food was disgracefull. Be warned. We ate at the Olive Garden in Times Square after the cruise - great value for money, but that is for another review. The drinks were very expensive $10.00 for a Corona Extra. Spirit Cruises request that clients wear smart casual. No T shirts, flip flops or shorts. My wife and I dressed accordingly, many others did not !!. What made matters worse were the noisy kids and teenagers screaming and shouting continually taking "selfies"on the outside decks. It was like Times Square but on water.Not the stylish romantic cruise we were expecting.Strolling the decks to take in the views was impossible. There are plus points. The boat was spacious and well appointed. The views of the New York skyline at night were amazing when you could see them

2  Thank 1Feathers
Carolyn C, Manager at Spirit of New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Hi there -

While we're glad you liked the vessel and the views, we are very sorry that you didn't enjoy the food and cruise experience. It sounds like you may have been on a cruise with a student group which can take away from the romance our product typically brings. None of this sits well with us and we would really like to discuss your experience further. Please reach out to me at CCasanova@entertainmentcruises.com to discuss your cruise.

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I booked the dinner cruise as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday. It's by far one of the best nights we've ever had!

I paid for the first class on top of the booking which I would definitely recommend. A bit pricey but if you're going to have a few drinks it's worth it as works out much cheaper. your guaranteed a seat, most of them are window seats anyway so I wouldn't bother paying for guaranteed window. Champagne on arrival and the waitress was topping it up throughout the night.

The food was standard..if your going for the food I would probably go on another cruise as it's just a simple buffet pasta chicken etc. Nice though!

The views were amazing and the captain stopped at the statue of liberty for a good 15 20 minutes so people could go to the top deck for pictures.

Friendly staff, great music, just an allround fantastic night would 100% recommend anybody to go!!!

1  Thank Lauren_84x
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The boat is spacious, the music ok, the DJ simple, the food boring, drinks expensive and - what matters most - the atmosphere is like on a childrens day out. Hords of noisy kids and teenagers and adults in sneakers shorts and t-shirts. Forget a decent atmosphere, forget to enjoy the skyline of NYC with some romance and style. Look out for an alternative; they don't cost much more than this one (130 USD), but you get more for the buck.

1  Thank IGNAZ H
Carolyn C, Manager at Spirit of New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Hi Ignaz -

We are so sorry we were unable to provide an unforgettable experience aboard Spirit of New York. We know there are quite a few other cruise lines available in New York, however, we truly feel our sister product, the Bateaux would have provided the atmosphere you were seeking. If you are ever back in town, please reach out to us about returning aboard the Bateaux. Thank you for your review.