“Judging by the line of folks out the door...”
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Ranked #284 of 13,740 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Judging by the line of folks out the door...”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We just had to try this place, directly across the street from The American Museum of Natural History. We were not disappointed. Try the Shack Burger - a nice beef party, lettuce, cheese, pickle, tomato with Shack Sauce. Yummy. Fries were good, too. You can also get custard shakes, beer, and wine by the glass or bottle and there are plenty of great benches in the shade on the museum property to enjoy your meal outdoors. Reasonably priced, especially for NYC!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Hands down one of the best fast food burger joints ever”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Shake Shak is one of the best fast food burger joints I have ever been too, whenever I am in New York I head straight over, I believe they have recently opened one up in London (Covent Garden) too so I will be checking that out. Bravo Shake Shak keep up the good work.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best burger in NY”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the best burger money can buy in NY, much better than 5 guys who are the closest thing.
Yes there is a queue but its worth it. Get the Shack Burger classic in double
This is a branch so you can treat yourself all over town!

• Visited July 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great burger joint”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Wow, great burger and shake! Love the concept ie fast food made with some care and attention and made with real food. Nice ( but a bit scary ) touch adding the calorie values against the good.

The fair shake which has coffee in it is amazing!

Hey it's a holiday a small indulgence is OK

Chantilly, Virginia
“Awesome Burgers!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We read about this place in our Fodor's NYC guide. We were exploring Central Park and this location was about a block away from the park. We went around 2PM on a Thursday and the line was out the door. We almost didn't wait but I'm glad we did. The line moved quickly to place our order and then we were given a device that lights up when the order is ready. I think it took about 10 minutes to get our food after we ordered. There is not much seating but there are a few tables upstairs and downstairs and we snagged a table downstairs. I saw lots of people who had taken their food to go and were eating it in the park. The burgers were great - the meat was delicious and the bread was soft - the special shock sauce is a tangy mayonnaise and it was really good. I would definitely go back again if we had the opportunity. One of my kids got the caramel shake and the other got a chocolate shake which he didn't like. I tried it and agreed that it was too "chocolate-y" for my tastes too (maybe they make it with chocolate ice-cream instead of vanilla?) It cost $33 for 2 burgers, 1 hotdog, 2 shakes, 1 soft drink and 1 order of fries - the shakes are $5 each.