“clean and modern”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rye, New York
“clean and modern”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My room was fairly spacious by Manhattan standards. Very cozy bed. The best part is the restaurant, Olive, on the ground floor. Excellent food. The W Hotel is on the pricey side, but you can still get great deals if you shop around online.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hello Lee,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and our W Hotel beds. I will share your wonderful comments to our team at Olive's. It is always nice to hear such raving reviews. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
Gerald Tellez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We just returned from of trip to New York City. Our stay at the W New York- Union Square was nothing but perfect. From check-in, to room service, to concierge service. Staff was professional, fun and helpful. Our room over looked Union Square with a beautiful view of the Freedom Tower.
The room was impeccably clean. (something, from experience, can be tricky in a big city)
We used the gym facilities, as it was 19 or so degrees outside, not exactly running weather. The cardio equipment seemed well tuned up and the gym area was very clean.
Highly recommend the location. Safe, and easy access to subway and cab rides anywhere. Keep up the great work, W- Union Square!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello Maureen,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay on such a freezing day here in New York City. We look forward to your next visit.
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The rooms are spacious and well maintained. The hotel has a nice, funky feel to it. The service was excellent, with staff exceptionally friendly and thoughtful. We stayed there during our honeymoon and the hotel sent us a bottle of wine and some cheese to celebrate. Every morning, free coffee is provided in the lobby. The location of the hotel is also fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello RT005,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We always appreciate when our guests write and share their experience on such special occasions. I am glad we were able to make your honeymoon that much more memorable. If I can be of any assistance on any future bookings at our hotel please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
singaporesabrina
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Thia W is a very short walk to Nordstrom Rack, Red Door, Strand Books, Walgreen, Whole Foods, the subway. Olives, its in- house restaurant serves great,reasonably priced breakfast. The rock-shrimp omelette with cheddar grits ($15) & Florentine pizza ($13) are superb! The Bliss toiletries - fabulous! Beware! The Dasani water is free & placed in a dark corner. The Smart Water is not free & placed at your bedside & sink ($7-9)! The price is printed on a card in very small, light grey font!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SingaporeSabrina
Hello Sabrina,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. We appreciate when our guests write a review. I am sorry about the water in the guest room that was misleading. I am glad you enjoyed your overall experience. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your next visit.
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This location is amazing and the team makes me feel at home...I am a lifetime platinum and this is always my first choice in NYC! I can't say enough things about the amazing staff! Also great to have a great spot in the lobby for drinks or dinner...

• Stayed February 2014
Hello Kyle,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. We appreciate your continual loyalty to Starwood and W New York Union Square. If you need anything on a future stay with us please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your return!
Geneva
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is well positioned for anyone that wants to explore NY as it is so central. The hotel is trendy and you will find hipsters drinking coffee in the bar downstairs. The room we had was a little noisy but on the whole a very good place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello Anthony,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We had another great stay at the W Union Square NYC. Our check in was seemless. We requested and received an early check-in. Our room is comfortable with a great view of Union Square Park. The concierge desk helped us locate a restaurant for dinner. We were able to print our airline boarding passes for free in the business center.

Also, during a previous visit to the hotel we inadvertently left some cash in the room safe. The hotel security staff retrieved and held it for us and returned it to us upon our arrival.

We have frequently stayed at the W Union Square. We will continue to do so in the future and will recommend this hotel,to others.

Stayed January 2014
Hello MJ,
Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to write to us and share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the view of Union Square park from your room. I will be sure to pass along the wonderful comments to our concierge team and our security team. We always appreciate your feedback. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your return.