W New York - Union Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$204
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$409
$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$232
$223
$346
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$351
$178
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Breakfast included
1,551 results
All reviewsmega roomfront deskbliss productsgreat locationnew yorkwhole foodsby nyc standardsan upgradegreenwich villagegreat roomcorner roomlower manhattanhigh floordecent sizeupon checknyc hotelsubway station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

So I haven't stayed here (W Union Square) for a while because of the ongoing renovation etc.
I just had the opportunity to stay here 2 times in one week...not only an amazing experience but a relaxing one where I wasn't constantly bombarded with information and over-hype.
I got all I needed from everyone...
Front desk.. Eddie and Stella XOXOXO amazing...
The cleaning people...very terrific...
Heather the Bartender...yes I drink ...LOL fantastic...
The Door people all remembered me...don't know why but...Keith etc were amazing as always...
Anyway I highly recommend this Hotel a little pricey --- but what price do you put on your travel SANITY...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hello Vijai,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such raving reviews on our hotel and our team. Stella and Eddie both have always gone above and beyond with our guests to make them feel right at home. I am glad you found your home away from home in New York. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
I look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at the hotel during a move between apartments in New York. We were accompanied by our dog, and the pet-friendly policy was great for us. We all felt welcome and well care for. The room was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The room service food was outstanding. The hotel provided a new toy, pet bowl, and bed for our dog. The doorman even had treats for her!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello Robin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share with us your recent experience. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel during your transition between homes. We adore our guests that have pets. As a pet owner myself, I know our team loves when our guests bring their furry family members along with. I will share your wonderful feedback with our teams. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a remarkable stay at the W Union Square recently and felt compelled to share my experience. From the first step in the door, the entire staff made us feel like valued customers. The front desk staff was helpful, kind, efficient, and accommodating. The room service staff was excellent, and the concierge and valet staff were fantastic as well. The rooms were clean and well maintained. I will definitely stay there again. Thank you to the entire W staff for an incredible stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello CLMLW,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. I will share your wonderful comments with our team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I came here as a surprise birthday gift from my boyfriend :)

The hotel is in a great location in Union Square! Our experience with the hotel staff was so great! Check-in went very smoothly and as we were heading to the elevators, we were greeted by one of the managers, Marc, who was aware it was my birthday and wished me a happy birthday! How kind of him!

We got a room on the 11th floor with really great sunlight coming in from 3 huge windows. My bf later told me they were called picture windows and we had them facing East and South so we got great light all day! We had a nice view of union square and the park. The room was very modern with a day bed/couch, flat screen with tons of new movies still out in theaters that you could purchase, great BLISS amenities including face wash and good body lotion. The accents around the room and small pillows seemed edgy and cool and the room was very clean.

Since we got there earlier in the day, we ended up going out to hang out and when we returned to change before dinner, I was greeted with a plate of treats including a bottle of natural spring water, cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries, with the words "Happy Birthday" written on it with a personalized card from yet another manager, Bill. What a nice surprise! :)

The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout our short stay. From the front desk to the bar, the managers and staff walking around, everyone was so professional and willing to assist in any way. Housekeeping was quick when extra towels were requested and we also (actually just I) got to get some additional BLISS products! I was sitting in the Olive bar lounge area waiting for my boyfriend at the bar and a staff member walked by and asked to make sure I was okay. It was very reassuring to find that the staff was so caring and welcoming!

Even on our way out, the manager we first met, Marc, caught us, wished me a happy birthday again and wished us a safe trip home! He remembered! I would definitely come back again and recommend this hotel!!! Thanks again to Marc and the rest of the W hotel staff for making my birthday celebration a memorable one! =)

Room Tip: Our corner room with south and east views was great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Sleepiebabie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on W New York Union Square. It is always nice to read such raving reviews on our hotel and our team. We here at W Hotels love making those special occasions that much more memorable. I am glad that our General Manager Bill and our Assistant Director of the Welcome Office, Marc made your stay. I will share your wonderful comments with our team. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your return.
Director of Welcome Office

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. The location can't be beat as a perfectly situated base for walking to all of the most interesting neighborhoods in Manhattan. I really like the design and vibe of this particular W. It's more subtle and less of a pretentious scene that many of its sister properties. I really like the recent redesign of the rooms. The color scheme and other design elements like the topographical wall panels are gorgeous.

Staff is friendly and attentive. Elevators and luggage service are regrettably slow.

Probably the only real negative is the small and dimly let gym which doesn't meet the standards of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hello sf2world,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our newly designed guest room and color schemes. Did you happen to notice our headboard on the bed? It is a map of the Union Square area! Take a look on your next visit with us. Please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com when you plan on returning to our hotel. I look forward to your next visit.
Director of Welcome Office