“Pet friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of W New York - Union Square

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
W New York - Union Square
Ranked #138 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Pet friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at the hotel during a move between apartments in New York. We were accompanied by our dog, and the pet-friendly policy was great for us. We all felt welcome and well care for. The room was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The room service food was outstanding. The hotel provided a new toy, pet bowl, and bed for our dog. The doorman even had treats for her!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello Robin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share with us your recent experience. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel during your transition between homes. We adore our guests that have pets. As a pet owner myself, I know our team loves when our guests bring their furry family members along with. I will share your wonderful feedback with our teams. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your next visit.
Gerald Tellez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a remarkable stay at the W Union Square recently and felt compelled to share my experience. From the first step in the door, the entire staff made us feel like valued customers. The front desk staff was helpful, kind, efficient, and accommodating. The room service staff was excellent, and the concierge and valet staff were fantastic as well. The rooms were clean and well maintained. I will definitely stay there again. Thank you to the entire W staff for an incredible stay!

Hello CLMLW,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. I will share your wonderful comments with our team. We look forward to your next visit.
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I came here as a surprise birthday gift from my boyfriend :)

The hotel is in a great location in Union Square! Our experience with the hotel staff was so great! Check-in went very smoothly and as we were heading to the elevators, we were greeted by one of the managers, Marc, who was aware it was my birthday and wished me a happy birthday! How kind of him!

We got a room on the 11th floor with really great sunlight coming in from 3 huge windows. My bf later told me they were called picture windows and we had them facing East and South so we got great light all day! We had a nice view of union square and the park. The room was very modern with a day bed/couch, flat screen with tons of new movies still out in theaters that you could purchase, great BLISS amenities including face wash and good body lotion. The accents around the room and small pillows seemed edgy and cool and the room was very clean.

Since we got there earlier in the day, we ended up going out to hang out and when we returned to change before dinner, I was greeted with a plate of treats including a bottle of natural spring water, cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries, with the words "Happy Birthday" written on it with a personalized card from yet another manager, Bill. What a nice surprise! :)

The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout our short stay. From the front desk to the bar, the managers and staff walking around, everyone was so professional and willing to assist in any way. Housekeeping was quick when extra towels were requested and we also (actually just I) got to get some additional BLISS products! I was sitting in the Olive bar lounge area waiting for my boyfriend at the bar and a staff member walked by and asked to make sure I was okay. It was very reassuring to find that the staff was so caring and welcoming!

Even on our way out, the manager we first met, Marc, caught us, wished me a happy birthday again and wished us a safe trip home! He remembered! I would definitely come back again and recommend this hotel!!! Thanks again to Marc and the rest of the W hotel staff for making my birthday celebration a memorable one! =)

Room Tip: Our corner room with south and east views was great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Sleepiebabie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on W New York Union Square. It is always nice to read such raving reviews on our hotel and our team. We here at W Hotels love making those special occasions that much more memorable. I am glad that our General Manager Bill and our Assistant Director of the Welcome Office, Marc made your stay. I will share your wonderful comments with our team. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your return.
Director of Welcome Office
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. The location can't be beat as a perfectly situated base for walking to all of the most interesting neighborhoods in Manhattan. I really like the design and vibe of this particular W. It's more subtle and less of a pretentious scene that many of its sister properties. I really like the recent redesign of the rooms. The color scheme and other design elements like the topographical wall panels are gorgeous.

Staff is friendly and attentive. Elevators and luggage service are regrettably slow.

Probably the only real negative is the small and dimly let gym which doesn't meet the standards of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello sf2world,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our newly designed guest room and color schemes. Did you happen to notice our headboard on the bed? It is a map of the Union Square area! Take a look on your next visit with us. Please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com when you plan on returning to our hotel. I look forward to your next visit.
Director of Welcome Office
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Service at this hotel is fantastic! From the moment we drove up the staff was super friendly and took excellent care of us. It was wet and snowy out and the gentleman helping us from the car took great care to make sure that we didnt get our feet and clothes messed up. Very quick to check us in. Gave us great directions to find a wedding card. My beau accidently dropped some very important papers in the wet dirty street and the wonderful staff took it to a copier and had it comepletely reprinted and rebinded. It was delivered to our room the next morning! The hotel was clean and quiet. And in a great location! If you are going to a function at the Manhattan Penthouse then this hotel is a GREAT location!
We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hello Starlight11,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. I will share the great comments with our team. I know they always go above and beyond to make sure our guests feel right at home. I am glad they were able to help you put back together those important documents. It is what we do... Whatever the guest wants..... Whenever the guest wants.... I appreciate you sharing the great experience. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your return.
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Very impressed with staff at W New York Union Square. We needed to check in early in order to get ready for our son's wedding and the staff worked really hard to get us a room. Everyone was so friendly including the doorman, the bell hop, and all the front desk people. They also helped us
enormously when we had a minor clothing problem.
Everything else about the hotel is also first rate - rooms clean, good size, great views and very cozy. Location is superb with access to Union Square, subways, restaurants, and stores. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again.

Hello Jazzypeach,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at W New York Union Square. I am glad our team was able to get you into a room early to get ready for your son's wedding. Our team always goes above and beyond with our guests to make them feel right at home. If I can be of any assistance of a future reservation please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
I look forward to your return.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday and for a night out. Upon entering the hotel we were checked in by a girl named Stella who happened to be incredible nice and personable. So much so, that both my girlfriend and I immediately began liking this hotel. After we checked in I met one of the managers named Marc. He was incredibly professional and so welcoming that I was really impressed! I told him that it was my girlfriend's birthday and he wished her a happy birthday. The room was excellent, featuring 3 huge windows with South and East exposure and it was very clean which is important to us. After, returning to the hotel later in the day, we entered our room and there were a plate of cupcakes and chocolates and a birthday card! The card was signed by the GM of the building I believe named Bill. Obviously, Marc had something to do with this. I have been to a lot of hotels and I definitely know service as I am a real estate broker and heavily involved in service. However, this hotel really knows how to pick and train their staff. Stella and Marc really made us feel welcomed, it was incredible. Thank you very much! We will definitely be back here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Geoff,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with all of us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and hotel. I will share your wonderful comments with both Stella and Marc. I am glad they were able to make your girlfriend feel special on her day. If I can be of any assistance to you on a future stay please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your next visit.