“Great for Business or Pleasure”

W New York - Union Square
Ranked #142 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marlton, New Jersey
“Great for Business or Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stay and the W Union Square frequetly for work and always have a great experience. All of the staff are extremely friendly and welcoming, and I really do look forward to seeing them every few weeks. Recently had the pleasure of bringing my wife up to celebrate her birthday, and everyone went above and beyond to make sure we both had a special weekend away from the kids. First time she had stayed, and as the tougher critic in the family, the property and staff even exceeded all of her expectations. Look forward to returning for both business, and another weekend getaway before the end of this year. Thanks W Untion Square staff!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hello David N,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with all of us here at W New York - Union Square. We really appreciate your loyalty and are so pleased your expectations were exceeded. If I can be of any assistance on a future reservation, please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.

I look forward to your next visit.

All the best, Gerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I loved the place and the drinks. A little to the expensive side but what's not expensive in New York. Service could be a little faster but then again i was getting a little slower too. I would recommend eating before coming as the portions are pretty small. The drinks are definitely made well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gtellez, Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello AJSukhumvit,

We are so pleased you enjoyed our signature cocktails! If I can be of any assistance on a future booking please feel free to contact me directly at gerald.tellez@whotels.com.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Gerald
Director of Welcome Office
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We spent a perfect fall weekend in NYC, and it was made all the more perfect because of the staff at The W New York - Union Square. The service was impeccable - friendly, responsive and helpful. The room was huge. We have a 22 month old, and the staff could not have been friendlier to us. This was a business and family trip and I was worried that the W wouldnt be family friendly - but everyone was so gracious and kind. We had rented a full size crib, which was delivered before we arrived. The W staff brought the crib to our room and set it up. We wont stay anywhere else in NYC again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hello Miles20612,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with all of us here at W New York Union Square. It is always nice to read such raving reviews on our hotel and our team. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. If I can be of any assistance on a future booking please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
I look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

we decided to spend some time in Union Square. Very nice hotel, Friendly staff, Great service. had drinks at the bar and relaxed in the lobby and bar tenders and waitresses were great. I needed to print a few things out and concierge helped me with a smile without charge. My wife left our iPad in the room and didn't realize until 2 days after we checked out and contacted the W and they had it there waiting for us and we got it back the next day. Honest, friendly, fun location. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Dingdong29,
Thank you so much for your kind review of W New York Union Square. We truly appreciate it when our guests write and share their stay with us. I will share your wonderful review with my team. We look forward to your return.
Ringwood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, convenient to Union Square and a lot of great restaurants. The room was on the small size. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was great. The restaurant and bar were exceptional.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello DaveK,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us at W New York Union Square. It is always nice to read such nice comments about our hotel and our staff. We do offer a variety of different types of rooms here. On your next visit please reach out to me directly so I can ensure we upgrade you to larger room. Contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your response.
Panama City, Panama, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel had a decent size gym for NYC hotel standards, but the room was pretty small.
unbeatable location, but you'd expect that for what you're paying!
Typical hotel where the staff looks hipper than any of the guests...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Laura V
Hello Laura V,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience with all of us. It is always nice to hear such raving reviews on our hotel and our team. I will share your comments with the members of my team. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
Gerald
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here to attend a wedding and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. It was one of the largest we had ever seen in NYC. The price of the room and parking were high, but the location right near NYU and union square is worth it.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Dubbs605,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with all of us. It is always nice to hear from our guests after their stay with us. I am glad you have found your new home away from home in New York City. If I can be of any assistance on a future reservation please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@Whotels.com.
All the Best,