“W Union Square NY”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Panama City, Panama, Panama
“W Union Square NY”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel had a decent size gym for NYC hotel standards, but the room was pretty small.
unbeatable location, but you'd expect that for what you're paying!
Typical hotel where the staff looks hipper than any of the guests...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Laura V
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hello Laura V,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience with all of us. It is always nice to hear such raving reviews on our hotel and our team. I will share your comments with the members of my team. If I can be of any assistance on a future stay with us please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
All the best,
Gerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here to attend a wedding and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. It was one of the largest we had ever seen in NYC. The price of the room and parking were high, but the location right near NYU and union square is worth it.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Dubbs605,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with all of us. It is always nice to hear from our guests after their stay with us. I am glad you have found your new home away from home in New York City. If I can be of any assistance on a future reservation please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@Whotels.com.
Noida, India
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've stayed in several W hotels earlier - boston, Washington Dc etc, but this one doesn't quite live upto the standards set by the rest. The rooms are tiny and service is unremarkable. The lobby is complicated and unimpressive. There is nothing terribly wrong, but nothing too great too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gtellez, Front Office Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Hello TusharBhatia,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for us not hitting the mark and not exceeding your expectations. I will share your feedback with the leadership of our hotel. If I can be of any assistance on any future bookings at our hotel please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
I look forward to your return.
Drummonds, Tennessee
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hotel was awesome, Check in was awesome, the service so accommodating. I have allergies, and had no idea the hotel has a preferred smell. I called the front desk and inquired about the nice smell, but was turning my allergies inside out. LOL, they immediately asked me to leave the room for 45mins and sent brought this little machine that removed the fragrance from my room. I was beyond elated and happy. Although the smell is still in the covers, I laid my blanket from home on top and slept very nicely.....

Room Tip: Always research fragrance if you suffer from allergies......
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello slalexan,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with all of us. First and foremost I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Can you please reach out to me directly so I can ensure your SPG profile is updated with your personal preferences on W Scent. This will help on any future bookings at any W Hotels worldwide. I look forward to your response.
gerald.tellez@whotels.com
South Bound Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here at the W Union Square for a weekend getaway with the Wife and kid in September, opted for the hotel for the Location. Steps away from Union Square, we enjoy the market here on weekend which was a big plus and also the Union Square Subway lines have great access all over the city. Great dining options all around and a Baby's R Us right next door for all our Baby needs!! Now the hotel itself is getting a bit old and the refurbishment that has been carried out may not be to everyone's taste..the bright colors that they have used in the rooms contrast with the old building creating a bit of a mish mash of designs...especially the blues,oranges and white's in the rooms...The house keeping is on the slower side which is expected in some of the larger hotels I guess...but we had to call and remind them twice for the evening turn down service.This wasn't half as bad as the door men!!Don't expect the Door men at the W for most parts to help you with the door even if you are juggling a stroller, a baby car seat a pizza box and a baby!! There was one Door man out of three who was helpful and friendly but unfortunately I cannot remember his name. The other doormen just hang around the front of the building. Now the front desk is not all that friendly either, except for the gentleman who checked us in I think his name was Leonard...who was genuinely friendly and caring the rest of them seemed to be in a world of their own. We have stayed in so many Hotels around the world and have never seen such indifferent service....In most hotels these days the staff at the front desk and most anywhere in the hotel wish the guests with a friendly greeting throughout the day, which makes guests feel at home and welcome...but here the front desk which looks straight at the bay of elevators that guests use all day rarely make eye contact with any of the guests even when they are not serving guests and are seemingly oblivious to where they are and what they are expected to do..which is be welcoming and friendly to your guests...hospitality is what its all about. I found my self looking eagerly at the staff ready with a "thank you" or "you too" in response to a "have a nice day" or "a good morning" or a smile...but couldn't get them to even acknowledge my presence...anyway I think the W team has to look into this as guests are used to a lot more these days.... a great location can only keep us coming back so many times. There are a few other hotels around Union Square and next time I might give the Hyatt a try.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Jerry J,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with all of us. We appreciate all of our guests feedback and concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies that we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay. I will share your comments with the members of our team, as I too agree with you it is all about the service. Especially at our front of the house, where pleasant greetings and smiles are simily a must. If I can be helpful on any future stay with us please let me know directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I thank you again for sharing with us. I look forward to your return.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the high point of this property : location, location, location.
By Union square and Park AV, close to all good Manhattan spots this is one of my faves. Check the green market Mon/Wed/Fri

• Stayed November 2012
Hello Monica S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on W New York Union Square. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of any assistance on any future bookings please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
We look forward to your next visit.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

we went to the W to go to the NYCC in october. the staff was amazing and nice . we arrived early and got your room early too. the doormen were nice and we loved the area. we were on the 14th floor and it was quiet. made some requests and got them fast. the front desk was nice and the restaurant was great. i will go there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello There Teresa N,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us. We truly appreciate reading reviews like yours. I will share your wonderful comments with the members of our team. If I can be of any further assistance on any future stays please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
I look forward to your return.