“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Great Location”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you prefer to spend your time in the City below 14th Street, this is the spot ! Right outside the the door is Union Square with a Farmers Market on the weekend. Across the Square is Whole Foods and a 15 minute walk to the High-Line.
The room was bright, clean and very comfortable. Would have prefer free Wi-FI in the room instead of Lobby area. Staff was please and very helpful and accommodating. It's not cheap but as anything else you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gtellez, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Welcome Dave E,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on W New York Union Square. I will share your wonderful comments with our teams. Should you need anything for any future stays please reach out to me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com. I look forward to your return.
All the best,
Gerald Tellez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am not a huge city fan but this was in the right place where you could walk around and enjoy the city. We were there on the weekend and had a great time. The hotel was amazing and of course you pay for these types of accommodations but worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Welcome Pixtonian,
Thank you for your review on W New York Union Square. We always appreciate when our guests write and share their wonderful experience with us. I will share your comments with our team. Should you need any assistance with any future stay please contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,858 helpful votes
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was perfect for a short stay - had stayed uptown earlier in the week and moved to Union Square to get a feel of a different community - everything about this part of town was so much better. It had more of a "people" atmosphere rather than just shoppers and business people and I loved the produce markets. The hotel is in a perfect location to enjoy the best of this community.
Although it is a "W", it didn't have the over-the-top modern contemporary feel to it - it is a grand old building and it reeks of class and style.
Had a corner suite facing the square and this was a wonderful view whether watching the sunset or an early morning sunrise.
It's a good base to explore one of my favourite New York areas from the Flatiron district, Gramercy Park, Greenwich Village etc.

Room Tip: corner suites facing the square offer so much more
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RonWamberal
Welcome RonW,
Thank you so much for your great review on W New York Union Square. We always appreciate it when we hear such great stories from our guests. It is nice to know you have a new home away from home in New York City. We look forward to your return!
Warm Wishes,
Bay Shore, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I came here after just proposing to my girlfriend. The staff was extremely friendly. Aisha made the experience wonderful by coordinating a flower arrangement to be set up in the hotel room upon arrival. The room was great - clean, nice size, good view of the park. Keith, the door man, was extremely helpful with recommendations, retrieving items we accidently left in the car, and anything else we needed during our stay. Also had fun at the club downstairs as well as at the restaurant. Great place and will probably be back again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Belle Isle, FL
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family recently enjoyed an all-to-quick weekend stay at the W Union Square. This was only my 2nd stay in the hotel, but I plan to make it my "go-to" hotel, no matter what my reason for being in the city is. The guest relations are phenomenal. Nelson Baez at the front desk always had a smile and always greeted me by name, even if I was just passing through. Aisha Thomas at concierge is exceptional as well. She took care of every last minute reservation/request we needed. The rooms are spacious, clean and bright. The entire staff is efficient, courteous and helpful. I can't wait until my next trip to NYC -- this hotel is a MUST!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gtellez, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Welcome Maddycakes9,
Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. It is really nice to hear such raving reviews on our hotel and staff. I know that Aisha and Nelson always go above and beyond with all of our guests to make sure they are feel right at home. I will share this review with all the members of my team. Should you need anything on any future reservation please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Really enjoyed staying here - this was the 3rd or 4th visit to the W Union Sq but the first since they have revamped the rooms. The new rooms are spacious and bright and my friend and I had a lovely twin room on the 8th floor. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful (a blessing after being delayed by 12 hours getting to NYC!). The location of the hotel is amazing though - walking distance to SoHo and the High Line etc, but also close enough to Time Square to experience some touristy things. Will def stay here again. Only thing is the gym is a little on the light side re the equipment but I used Crunch or Equinox for a fuller work out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Welcome Ant M,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us. It is always nice to hear such nice comments about our hotel and our location. We always appreciate all of our guests feedback. I am glad you love our newly refreshed rooms. It has really brighten up and giving our hotel a brand new look. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future visits to our location. Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The decor of the hotel is very modern and stylish but not off putting. Once you enter the hotel you receive a complimentary champagne cocktail. The front desk staff were very friendly and check-in was a breeze, and we got an upgrade which really made my day.

The room was beautiful, spacious but cozy. The bed was so comfortable it was probably the best sleep I’ve had in years. The best part of the room for me by far is the bathroom we had a walk in shower and a tub the great toiletries are by Bliss and they smelled heavenly also the towels were nice and fluffy.

The staff was very nice, helpful and friendly especially since I need help with turning on the radio. I had a wonderful stay. I’m already planning a mini vacation at the same hotel in October.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gtellez, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Well Hello There Denise B,
Thank you so much for your review on W New York Union Square. We always appreciate reading such wonderful comments about the rooms, location, and of course the service we provide. I will share the wonderful comments with the members of my team. Should you need anything on a future booking please feel free to contact me directly at Gerald.Tellez@WHotels.com.