“Amazing, good location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Amazing, good location”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The W is truly a very modern and friendly place. The lobby is small, but houses a very well designed lounge, with vintage type writers and chess boards. The rooms are very modern, and quite big! The staff was great, they had also gven us an upgrade with a great view. The chocolates under the pillows are delicious. The bathrooms are great, and house nice bath products. Doorman was nice, and so were the reception desk. Good stay

Room Tip: views of union square
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gtellez, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Union Square, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Welcome afljdsajlkdsljkfdsa,
Thank you so much for your kind review on W New York Union Square. We truly appreciate your nice words. I will share these comments with my team. We look forward to your next W experience.
Gerald Tellez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Only stayed one night - first time at this hotel. I was pleased with the size of my room....I have been in hotel rooms in NYC that were basically an oversized closet with a bathroom attached. Room was clean, nice amenities, bed very comfortable. Nice location, right at Union Square. No complaints. Would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Well Hello There BuffyMonsoon,
Thank you so much for your nice review on W New York Union Square. It is really nice to hear such raving reviews from our guests. I will share the great comments with my teams. We look forward to your next visit.
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed February 18, 2013

What a fantastic weekend at the W! Everyone was very pleasant and happy to help me. More so than I have seen in most hotels of this caliber.
The concierge(Joseph) and Michael(Beverage) were both very helpful on all of my questions. I would highly recommend this hotel. I was really treated like a guest and not a number. If you want to feel at home in a large hotel, stay at the W, Union Square.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello Movieman94025,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us. We appreciate all of our guests feedback. I will share your wonderful comments with both our concierge and our Beverage & Food teams. We look forward to your next visit.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great hotel, in excellent location just off Union Square. Stayed on business in lovely modern room. Room wasn't huge but quality throughout and this is New York! Comfort and style are the order of the day at the W. Friendly, helpful staff. Worth checking out!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi There 2809GPL,
Thank you so much for your raving review on W New York Union Square. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the Big Apple. I will share these wonderful comments with my team. We look forward to your next visit.
Warmly,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a typical W. The location is great, the Todd English resto in it is always buzzing, there's great music playing in the lobby and elevators all the time.

The rooms are another story. It's not that they are uncomfortable (W, Westin, all Starwood properties in fact have those incredible "heavenly" beds) but it just looked a little tired, as though it was really cutting-edge and cool when it first opened but could do with a little TLC now. We were upgraded to a better room, but I still found it kind of small and dark- I guess this is to be expected from a hotel in Union Square however. The bathroom was small, the showerstall was small.

There was nothing wrong with this hotel per se, but I wouldn't stay again. It wasn't cheap, and for the price I would look around for something less 'cool' and more luxurious. We had a double room (wonderful, they call it).

PS I have to say the W's Whatever, Whenever service is excellent and really lives up to its name. I broke a heel on my shoe (first world problems...) while I was out on Friday night and I called them at 2 am when I got back to the hotel. They picked them up from my room right away and had them fixed by midday the next day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Imanifesto,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here at W New York Union Square. We appreciate all of our guests feedback as it often times points out areas of needed attention. Our hotel did undergo a recent room refresh, so all of our rooms should be in a fairly new condition. I am sorry if you found your room to be not quiet up to par. I hope you did enjoy your time in the Big Apple and we look forward to your return.
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The W in Union Square is a very classy hotel. Upon my last stay, I was upgraded to a spectacular room which had a wonderful view of Union Square. The rooms are quite big for NYC standards, and as with all W hotels, there are some wonderful touches which make a stay quite unique.

The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bathroom and shower clean, large and well fitted with utilities for guest use. Service was also fantastic - I asked if the front desk had any razors, and immediately I was provided with a W shaving kit. It may not have been the best razor, but the provision was highly appreciated.

I did not try the food at the hotel, but the bar downstairs is very cool and again service top notch. The gym is a little small and they could do with putting in a few more machines, and A/C into the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hello Luke W,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and our team. I am glad you enjoyed your Spectacular room. Next time you are in town you should try our restaurant. The food is amazing! We look forward to your next W Union Square experience.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great hotel in a great location, right on Union Square. The service could not have been more attentive, and the addition of the hotel SUV adds a great convenience. The only negative comment is that for the second time, we waited an excessive amount of time for our car at checkout, even after calling down first as instructed to do. This hotel will be out "go to" place in NYC.

• Stayed February 2013
Hello Paraguy99,
Thank you so much for your review on W New York Union Square. I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. I appreciate you sharing your concerns with us about the attentiveness of our staff. We will share these comments with them in efforts to improve on our guest services. I am glad you found your "home away from home" in Manhattan.
We look forward to your next visit.