“Bored cast going through the motions...”
Review of Perfect Crime

Perfect Crime
Reviewed February 27, 2013

In 40+ years of theatre-going this is the first production that I have rated terrible. The actors were simply racing through the material, I assume showing us mercy. Catherine Russell was simply annoying. Someone needs to yank the plug.

4  Thank CWMMaine

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Saw this play as a Sunday matinee because we had ten hours to kill before our late flight out of LaGuardia. I thought the show was okay and Catherine Russell was good. Then I remembered I was Off-Broadway and was glad I didn't pay full price for the tickets.

1  Thank Philippa C
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Interesting, an experience, hard to follow, funny in parts! If you don't take it too seriously then I guess you'll enjoy it like we did!

1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This show is HORRENDOUS. Don't waste your money. We got in line for ticketsat TKTS and 3 different "workers" recommended this performance (they didn't have TKTS jackets on - should have been our first clue). The lead actress was awful - she really needs to retire. She kept blinking her eyes as if she was trying to stay awake. It was hard for me to stay awake. I kept waiting for the play to get better but it went from bad to worse very quickly. My husband and I discussed leaving at intermission - I wish we had. What a waste of time and money. I wish I could have 2 hours of my life back. The storyline is boring and difficult to follow or get excited about. After the performance we came back and read online reviews - shame on us for not reading ahead of time. Most mirror what we thought of the show. And, we are convinced the "workers" work for the theater as the only other show they recommended was also in the same theater. Don't waste your time. Although the detective and patient did a good job, it was very forced and not at all entertaining.

4  Thank Redhawksskins
See more reviews
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Was this a high school play rehearsal? Was the script written by furiously typing monkeys? Did leading lady Catherine Russell have a plane to catch? Did George McDaniel’s emoting belong to a different play entirely? Which correspondence course did John Hillmer take to learn his British accent? Why is this perfect mess still playing after all these years?

7  Thank NORNORKEN