“Great breakfasts”

Il caffe latte
Ranked #100 of 582 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Harlem
Boston, Lincolnshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We only used this place for breakfasts. The waiting staff were all good with us, chatting and polite and smiling. Food always good - only now want to eat sourdough bread now! Good prices and flexible with our choices

• Visited October 2013

“Visit with our grown kids.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I grew up in NY, but we left NY many years ago. We came across this wonderful cafe at the beginning of our visit and we can't turn it loose. We recommend them highly for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Sydney, Australia
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I found the food average at best but the rude service provided by one of the women is disgusting. She practically threw our meals at us and did not engage in any conversation other than "What do you want?" That was all. Don't waste your time as there were nice people in all the other local restaurants we visited. I can't believe the positve reviews.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank gellis1112
Denver, Colorado
“very nice lunch place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Delicious vege options, well prepared. The prices were a bit high, but that is NYC, and Harlem is becoming very gentrified.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have reviewed this cafe before, but this weekend I came here another time, and I cannot justify coming here any longer: the service is incredibly rude.

One of the women who works here is always rude, sullen, and mean. I have come here at least 15 times, and every time, she is the same. The other people who work here are lovely, but she is here every time, and if you get her as a waitress, your dining experience will be unpleasant.

I have worked as a server for many years, and I am always polite to people, even when they are rude. I figure that maybe they have had a bad day, or maybe they are sick, etc. I still give a smile in the hopes that they will come out of their funk. This woman is unceasingly rude, even in the face of pleasant smiles and attempts at polite communication.

I'm not sure how she has a job. She must either be the owner or be related to the owner.

The food is decent, not mind-blowing, but reliably good. However, I would highly recommend that you do not go for the service! Do not subject yourself to this unpleasantness. It's just not worth it!

• Visited August 2013