“Terrible Service”

Ranked #1,696 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Harlem
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I found the food average at best but the rude service provided by one of the women is disgusting. She practically threw our meals at us and did not engage in any conversation other than "What do you want?" That was all. Don't waste your time as there were nice people in all the other local restaurants we visited. I can't believe the positve reviews.

2  Thank gellis1112

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Delicious vege options, well prepared. The prices were a bit high, but that is NYC, and Harlem is becoming very gentrified.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have reviewed this cafe before, but this weekend I came here another time, and I cannot justify coming here any longer: the service is incredibly rude.

One of the women who works here is always rude, sullen, and mean. I have come here at least 15 times, and every time, she is the same. The other people who work here are lovely, but she is here every time, and if you get her as a waitress, your dining experience will be unpleasant.

I have worked as a server for many years, and I am always polite to people, even when they are rude. I figure that maybe they have had a bad day, or maybe they are sick, etc. I still give a smile in the hopes that they will come out of their funk. This woman is unceasingly rude, even in the face of pleasant smiles and attempts at polite communication.

I'm not sure how she has a job. She must either be the owner or be related to the owner.

The food is decent, not mind-blowing, but reliably good. However, I would highly recommend that you do not go for the service! Do not subject yourself to this unpleasantness. It's just not worth it!

1  Thank Marie D
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great find, lovely people, superb brownies and a very decent cup of joe too. Son had eggs and bacon and wolfed it down. Recommend the brownies warmed up!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Loved coming for breakfast ( the weekend brunch is particularly good) and the giant size coffees. The food is excellent and great value for money.