“Cute little spot, food spot on!”
Review of Mary O's

Mary O's
Ranked #5,381 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Neighborhood: East Village
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Cute little spot, food spot on!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place is a hidden gem- A 10-12 person bar greats you across from the main door, with plenty of tables with seating to the rear of the restaurant. We stopped in to celebrate my friend's birthday and it was a perfect spot. Good music playing in the background (read- not blaring, but adding to the atmosphere) and pleasant service.
We sampled some drinks (of course...) and I enjoyed a lemon cider on tap- very yummy. On to dinner - not one of us was disappointed. A couple of us devoured the chicken curry and chips- SOOOOOOO good (haven't had food like this since I'd traveled to Ireland) and the rest ordered the Shepard's pie (which they practically inhaled). Everything was piping hot, seasoned well and healthy, but not overwhelming portions. (If i had ordered an app, I would have taken some curry home...).
To cap off the night, the owner found out we were celebrating a birthday and we got to enjoy some bourbon/lemon jello shots.
Love this place and cannot wait to take other friends back here!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Meyers0420

Galway
“Niche Restuarant”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had the pleasure of stumbling upon this fantastic super friendly niche chic restaurant. Family friendly and excellent staff. The menu was very well thought out and gave a nice choice. The food was first class and the extremely efficient waiting staff went about their work in a very professional way. My family age from 4 to 13 and are fussy eaters but the food served was demolished and the children wanted to go back on each of our remaining stays. The proprietor is the head chef and she lets her food do the talking. 100% recommend this place suitable for young and old alike can be very intimate for couples but caters for all parties and does not disappoint. I have being each time I go to New York and will return in the very near future. I absolutely loved the food, the decor and the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Squirrel1967
“Hit the spot”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Chic, modern yet classic feel .... I was starving and u can't beat home cut fries like these to hit the spot

• Visited April 2013
Paisley
“Lovely and Friendly”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Loved this place so much we went on a few occassions - the food and service was great.......the staff were very friendly.
They even gave me home a bottle of their own recipe hot sauce.......
Would definitely reccomend it. x

• Visited August 2012
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What an amazing place. I even spotted a celebrity sitting in the corner. Great food, fantastic service. Great for private parties