Lower East Side History Project Walking Tours
Review Highlights
Mafia walking tour

Went on the mafia walking tour in newyork with eric ferrera was one of the best things i have ever... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Mark H
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great, Authentic and very worthwhile tour

Fantastic walking tour. Eric was happy to share his first had experience with growing up in little... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Sally F
Canberra, Australia

All reviews eric ferrara private tour eric's tour grew up great tour new york ask questions wealth of knowledge booked this tour personal stories mafia mob les information nyc insight topic
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2014

Was really looking forward to this when my wife booked it and I wasn't disappointed. The history of the mafia in the lower east side is fascinating and the best 2 hours (well it was closer to 3 hours) you will spend in NYC. Eric is a great guide and has a fantastic delivery style, it was also very interesting chatting with him between locations. There is no glamorization just the history of the area and the characters involved.
This really was the highlight of my NYC trip so if you have a spare couple of hours do yourself a favour and take this tour (or you’ll be sleeping with the fishes!).

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed November 19, 2014

Went to New York City with my Wife, Brother and his girlfriend in Sept. 2014... We went to all the popular attractions in the City.. But the Mafia Tour was one of the highlights of our vacation.. We were able to walk through Little Italy and get a lot of history of the Italian Mafia.. Eric Ferrara was very knowledgeable and was able to answer a lot of our questions.. Eric was also able to get us into Lucky Luciano's first Speakeasy Bar and other historical mafia hangouts.. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone you will not be disappointed..

Date of experience: September 2014
2  Thank David T
Reviewed November 11, 2014

Michael our tour guide was assigned to us within 24 hours of a private booking and he was great. As a long time bowery resident he knew all the inside scoop of the neighborhood of the 70s 80s 90s today and of course the 17 and 18 hundreds. He was very knowledgeable and allowed us to take whatever route we wanted because he knew everything. He even allowed us to end up at McSorleys Pub so we could grab a beer after the tour.
Thanks and we will be back for the Mafia tour

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed October 29, 2014

Literally just back from the 2 hour Mafia walking tour with LESHP. Wow.

Firstly, my boyfriend and I turned up to find that we were the only 2 taking the tour today so we felt incredibly lucky to be having a private tour but I don't doubt for a second that our enjoyment would have been affected by being in a larger group either.

The reason for that is Eric. His clear passion and genuine interest in the subject made the entire tour engaging, relaxed, and very informative. I couldn't tell you how many times "wow" left my lips!

I won't spoil any of the content for anyone but just do it...you won't be disappointed! What a great 2 hours of our trip- definitely won't be forgotten in a hurry.

Thanks Eric...not forgetting the cannoli recommendation...one final time, wow.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank KerryMc83
Reviewed October 26, 2014 via mobile

A must for visitors and NYC locals alike. Eric Ferrara is the best tour guide you could as for: incredibly knowledgable, friendly, and a LES native. His love and passion for the local history is obvious and contagious. Best tour ever.