“What a special day!”

Custom & Private New York Tours Inc
Ranked #22 of 598 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Providing memorable, engaging, fun and informative tour experiences in New York City is our passion. By targeting our guest's interests, preferences and whims by collaborating with them enables us to create perfect tour itineraries. Every tour focuses on our guest's specific desires ensuring that everyone will enjoy experiences on the highest level of satisfaction due to our fastidious attention to detail. An experienced, enthusiastic and informative licensed New York City guide will meet you and yours at the time and place you wish together with a chauffeured luxury vehicle, sized to accommodate your group. You will be captured by an entertaining presentation of "the story" at each site as well as sites along the way in the most entertaining and amusing way. We stimulate conversation and questions providing informative answers within a social and cordial atmosphere. Whether you are planning a first visit with friends and family, an anniversary celebration, a corporate event, a college candidate's orientation or any special occasion, even a marriage proposal, we create the perfect experience delivering outcomes beyond your expectations. Accommodating those with special needs such as walking challenges is never a problem for us navigating to minimizing walking. Our staff of licensed New York City guides speak over fourteen languages enabling us to embrace a global audience and fill the needs of those who prefer tours conducted in their native language. Let's plan your tour built around you topical (architecture, history, famous people, neighborhoods, etc.) interests as well as your site requests. We ensure that your time with Custom & Private will enable you to take home a piece of The Big Apple in your head and heart as well. Thank you!
Alexandria, Louisiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a special day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

My sisters and I took our mom to New York for to celebrate her birthday last week. She and my sisters have never been to New York before so I booked a tour with Cliff after looking at his website and getting recommendations from our hotel concierge. Cliff immediately responded to my calls and provided numerous recommendations for the day based on our interests. What a fantastic experience! He accommodated ALL my requests. The most important, that my mom felt special on her special day! He presented my mom with a lovely birthday gift to remember her trip. Cliff provided an informative and interesting tour of the city. He was able to in incorporate all locations on our list and add others that he knew would be of interest to us. The pace was perfect and we never felt rushed. He was professional and fun to tour with. He spend additional time with us after the tour just visiting and getting to know us. It was so nice to spend the day with a guide who knows NCY and obviously loves his job! I have done many private tours in the US and abroad. Cliff is the best!

Visited November 2013
Custom_and_Private, Manager at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hi Dana,
What a perfect day on such a special occasion.
We did it all and most of all your mother was
so happy to be with her daughters and niece
on her 70th birthday. Newbees are always
enthralled by New York and your mom's
enthusiasm was delightful. Thanks for your
review and so glad that your visit and tour
was all that you hoped for!
Best,

“AMAZING TOUR!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This tour was great! We got to see many sites with some interesting history! Cliff was great! Our family had a blast touring New York with Cliff! Cannot wait to do it again!!

Visited November 2013
Yes we did! So glad you took the time to
share your thoughts with tripadvisor
readers! Hope to see you all again.
Thanks and best regards,
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best New York City Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our group of 9 celebrated my mom's 80th birthday last weekend in NYC. Our tour with Cliff was the highlight of the trip. He was informative, energetic, entertaining and his knowledge of the city is incredible. He tailored the trip to our interests. We had a great Central Park experience, pizza in Brooklyn, shopping at the Grand Central market and lots more. If you are looking for an excellent personal tour, call Cliff at Custom and Private New York Tours. He'll keep you entertained!
Lynn B

Visited November 2013
Custom_and_Private, Manager at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this review, December 10, 2013

That's what you said and "my name is Cliff Strome and I approve that message!" :)
Thanks for your review because it provides others in the tripadvisor community
the opportunity to make the right choice for their custom and private New York tour!
Cliff Strome
Austin, Texas
“Truly One of a Kind New York Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My sister and I recently took our mom to New York for her 70th birthday. New York had been on her bucket list forever! Just picture 3 Texas women in the big city....are you laughing yet! Thank goodness my sister had booked a tour of the city with Cliff Strome! It was the highlight of our week! One day with Cliff and driver Moe (how he drives in that chaos is beyond me, Moe was awesome) gave us more history and insight into "The Big Apple" than the average New Yorker even knows! Cliff is a artist at heart so be prepared to be enchanted....with New York and him!

Visited October 2013
Touring with you and your sister honoring your mom on the occasion
of her 70th Birthday was a joy especially with three ladies from Texas!
I'm flattered that you described me at "an artist at heart." Your
enthusiasm and reactions to my antics added fuel to my "schticks"
What a day, Oh my!!
nesconset
“Cliff Strome "Mr. New York"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a wonderful time. This was the first time we ever toured NYC with a guide. Cliff has great knowledge of the city. He was thoroughly entertaining and kept us amused with his wit and charm. If you want a supreme New York experience call Custom & Private New York Tours.

Visited September 2013
Reviews such as yours are my biggest "paycheck!" We had a wonderful time
and it was truly a pleasure showing you the most spectacular city on earth.
Hope to see you again!