Custom & Private New York Tours Inc

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
DanielleTom20
Sacramento, California
via mobile

All reviews cliff strome private tour his knowledge big apple custom tour new york wonderful driver four hours hour tour amazing tour central park interesting facts chelsea market personal stories chrysler building statue of liberty brooklyn bridge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sons hired Cliff for tour of Brooklyn NY for my mother’s 85 birthday. She was born in Coney Island and hadn't been back in close to 80 years having moved to a Washington DC at age 6. Went by her Granny’s house, location of former home on Coney Island, Luna Park, boardwalk, Prospect Park...all the areas on list provided by my sons. Great commentary and NY trivia provided by Cliff as his driver made way to the locations. Lots of photos to remember the occasion.

Custom_and_Private, Owner at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Donna,
I love those "this is your life" tours Remember that show
I believe the host's name was Ralph Edwards. Your mother
is a Super Mom and I so glad that I was chosen as the
one to provide her "back to home" tour. Truly it was my
pleasure. Such tours is the reason why I still ply my trade.
Please send her my best regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I took the neighborhood tour hours after taking the red-eye flight from California. We are so glad we did! The tour helped us get our bearings and got us off to a great start. Cliff was not only super knowledgeable, but he was very entertaining as well. We had a great time!

Thanks very much Danielle for your review, I'm flattered :)
We covered a lot of ground and visited all the places you
had requested. We had fun!
All the best,

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Cliff met us at our hotel with a driver to provide a custom tour we had requested. We were able to get in and out of places we wanted to visit with such ease with Cliff's knowledge and connections. We had an extensive list of places we wanted to see and he hit them all. We even added a few as we went. We would highly recommend Cliff if you want to see all the attractions without any hassle.

Custom_and_Private, Manager at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

You know! I'm the only person I've ever met who can't
book a tour with me, hee hee hee :) Thanks!!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Cliff's tour was a home run out of the park ! It simply could not have been better ! Not just for all the fascinating information that he provided, but his delivery was sheer perfection, entertaining and very stimulating. He knows the city like he built it himself. He's a fantastic storyteller and his sense of humor is spot on. You must do this !

That's for your review. If I can think of something that would make
my tours better I'd be happy to apply it. So far, I haven't thought
of a thing, still working on it :)

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Cliff was great from the get go, met us at the hotel and from the get go was very informative, ask him anything, he knows everything, well that’s what he told us. Spent the day with him and my friends going to different spots around New York, everywhere we stopped he had lots of information. Took us to lunch in a place in little Italy, La Mela. Very fresh and tasty, recommended. Cliff then took us to a great spot to get wholesale candy in New York, very fun store for kids and adults, lots of nostalgic items in there. Ended the day with a perfect view of the New York skyline and Brooklyn bridge. If you’re looking for a tour while visiting New York, call Cliff, he’s the best!

Well, to be honest there's a few things that I don't know but I also
don't know what they are! Yuk Yuk
Thanks for the review,

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Four of had a terrific tour with Cliff, including a great lunch. He’s entertaining and so informative about a city he loves. Can’t recommend it highly enough.
His driver was agreat. They picked us right on time at the apartment we’d rented.
Just do it! It was truly a highlight of our time in New York.

1  Thank Aglen
Custom_and_Private, Owner at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thanks! I give your review five stars. Excellent!!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely recommend this tour! Cliff had immense knowledge of the architectural structure around New York! He was very fun and humourous and made the tour memorable!

Thanks for posting your review. I couldn't have said it better :)

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked a 4-hour walking tour with Cliff to celebrate our first anniversary. We both love doing walking tours when we travel to foreign cities and have always wanted to do one in our home city. Cliff is a true New Yorker, a comedian, a historian, an architecture enthusiast, a photographer, and above all, a great story teller. His range of knowledge and memory for small interesting facts was incredibly impressive. We were so pleased with our experience and recommend him to residents and tourists alike!

It's all good Chelsea, I had as much fund as you and Zak. It's
my passion and it's almost criminal that I'm paid for having
so much fun! I appreciate the review!
All the best,

Reviewed September 19, 2018

wow!.... were do I start (apart from apologies this is sooo late!) Cliff was absolutely outstanding and thoroughly entertaining as our tour guide from start to finish, our family had a wonderful time, there was no awkward silences. Our days were fun packed and informative at the same time.

this was by far the highlight of our new York trip and we would not hesitate in booking with Cliff again

Custom_and_Private, Owner at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

That's because I love what I do and I don't know about you but I've never
met anyone who isn't terrific at what they do! It was a pleasure, better
late then never

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We couldn't have found a better tour guide than Cliff Strome! The weather was inclimate, but we made the best of it and had a great time! Cliff was very knowledgeable and quite the entertainer. Thanks

"My name is Cliff Strome and I approve that message!" Thanks for the review