“Wonderful, memorable, interesting and fun day!”

Custom & Private New York Tours Inc
Ranked #23 of 619 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Providing memorable, engaging, fun and informative tour experiences in New York City is our passion. By targeting our guest's interests, preferences and whims by collaborating with them enables us to create perfect tour itineraries. Every tour focuses on our guest's specific desires ensuring that everyone will enjoy experiences on the highest level of satisfaction due to our fastidious attention to detail. An experienced, enthusiastic and informative licensed New York City guide will meet you and yours at the time and place you wish together with a chauffeured luxury vehicle, sized to accommodate your group. You will be captured by an entertaining presentation of "the story" at each site as well as sites along the way in the most entertaining and amusing way. We stimulate conversation and questions providing informative answers within a social and cordial atmosphere. Whether you are planning a first visit with friends and family, an anniversary celebration, a corporate event, a college candidate's orientation or any special occasion, even a marriage proposal, we create the perfect experience delivering outcomes beyond your expectations. Accommodating those with special needs such as walking challenges is never a problem for us navigating to minimizing walking. Our staff of licensed New York City guides speak over fourteen languages enabling us to embrace a global audience and fill the needs of those who prefer tours conducted in their native language. Let's plan your tour built around you topical (architecture, history, famous people, neighborhoods, etc.) interests as well as your site requests. We ensure that your time with Custom & Private will enable you to take home a piece of The Big Apple in your head and heart as well. Thank you!
NEPA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Wonderful, memorable, interesting and fun day!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This tour was a Christmas Present to my parents and my nieces. My parents are elderly with mobility issues so I knew I needed a tour with very little walking. One of my nieces had never been on a tour of NYC plus we specifically wanted to see some of the Christmas window displays and decorations around the city.

I have done the big bus HOHO tours many, many times and would still do them again but I am very aware of their liabilities and limitations. While they can be done in three hours I can't tell you how many times I have sat at either Central Park or the South Side seaport while they wait for the bus to fill or change drivers, tour guides or worse - change the bus so you have to get off and get back on and guess what you lose your seat and you family can be separated. I have also suffered the terrible inconvenience of having bus and bus stop and are full causing you to wait at the stop for the next one. During busy season and weekends this is just not enjoyable. Also, the stops can be quite a bit of a walk from the attraction you wish to visit. They can drive by Rockefeller Center but the stop to get off and get pictures is several blocks away. I have been lucky enough to usually get good guides but I’ve gotten some really bad ones who don’t know their stuff. Add to that the rude tourists who talk making it impossible to hear what the guide is saying. You can end up with a pretty miserable experience.

So I knew I wanted something better for my family. Cliff was wonderful. We emailed back and forth and had both a general tour of NYC and he was able to drop us close to Rockefeller Center to see the tree and get great pictures and close to Lord and Taylor to see their Christmas Window Display which is always the best in NYC. The vehicle he used was a luxury van that was big enough to see over traffic but small enough to get around the city.

Although I had seen the city several times I did still learn quite a bit about NYC that I did not know before and been to several sites I had never seen. Without Cliff and the driver we would never had be able to see or do so much in one day. We now have memories that will last a lifetime. Yes it is expensive but if you want to pack in as much as you can in one day this is the way to go. I think he knows where every clean bathroom facility is in the city which is important with elderly parents or small children. Thank you Cliff for the wonderful experience.

Visited December 2012

New Braunfels, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a Trip!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Being from Texas and in NYC for the holidays, we wanted a comprehensive tour of the city. Having read the reviews, I chose Cliff and his company. We were SO impressed with his prompt arrival, in-depth knowledge of all city landmarks and quick humor. His driver, Tom was a jewel too. Anyone who can drive in the New York traffic is fantastic!

I highly recommend this tour company for anyone who is looking for a great time. Our 4 1/2 hours flew by. Thanks so much Cliff and Tom!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MeliMyersWebb
London, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It felt like a family member was giving the tour.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This Thanksgiving weekend (2012) was the first time in a long time that my wife and I had the opportunity to travel alone with my two "thirty-something" year old daughters. They had not been to New York since I had taken them when they were very small so I was looking for the components to make a memorable trip. I certainly found that in Cliff and his tour company. He was so entertaining and informative. He is your typical New Yorker...very proud of his city, friendly, and explained a lot of things you would never here on a bus tour. One thing I practice in my business..."give your customer more than they were expecting" and Cliff certainly exceeded that. He picked us up at our hotel right on time in a nice comfortable SUV (with a driver so he could devote 100% to us) and 4 hours later (which flew by) dropped us off at our lunch destination. If you are on a tight budget to the "Hop-on Hop-off bus tour.....but if you want to do it "Jerry-style" as my daughters call it. Go with Cliff and to the Private Tour.

Corpus Christi, Texas
“New York in a Day”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our guide was very knowledgeable and provided us with a fantastic tour. I highly recommend this tour company. Our tour guide was very personable and helped us create positively lasting memories of a lifetime.

violet
“Truely feeling New York and all its finest”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This tour was one of the best planned events of the trip. It was well worth the money and very informative and entertaining. Our tour guide was very interesting and helpful. He was prepared for every moment in the tour and extremely willing to help with special requests.
We were very happy with the service and glad that we took the tour.