“Great Tour and Guide”

and up
New York by Night Photo Tour
Ranked #98 of 604 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo tours of New York City - Join citifari's professional New York City photographers for a compact and exclusive 2-1/2 hour tour. During the citifari walking tour, our guides share with you privileged corners of NYC along with various, must-have, techniques so you can shoot your own stunning photographs.
Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Tour and Guide”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I took the night photo tour with Gildo and it was a great experience. I had some experience with the manual settings on my camera, but not a lot. Gildo was very patient and stayed with everyone to be sure they got the shot on each stop. His knowledge and patience was greatly appreciated, a real teacher. The tour was a good pace and we hit a lot of the major landmarks including UN headquarters, Grand Central Terminal, the Chrysler building, the Rockefeller center and Radio City Music Hall. My only regret is I didn't take the tour earlier in my trip. Gildo gave a lot of suggestions about where to take pictures of other locations in the city during the day, unfortunately I was leaving the next day. I will definitely take another tour next time I am in the city, and would recommend Citiafri to my friends. Great value compared to some of the other tours as well.

Visited September 2013
citifari, Owner at Citifari Photo Tours, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your review and for sharing your pictures.

As you know photography itself requires patience and attention to details. Additionally, Gildo (and our other photographers) are very good at teaching and transmitting their passion for photography. We usually advise to take our tours at the beginning of the trip. Not everything is lost, you can keep training at home, anywhere, until your next trip for sure.

Feel free to share your pictures with us.

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time and Great Value”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I took the NYC Night tour on 9/17 with Gildo as our guide. He was a great guide both as a tour guide, and as a photography instructor. I even managed to pick up a few tips and made some pretty good photos. I had a great time, I highly recommend the tour, and I myself will take another soon, especially another with Gildo.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank CKLNYC
Hi Keith,

Thanks for your review and for sharing your pictures.

Gildo commented he had a great time too. While not taking you away from Gildo, you may also want to try our other photographers on your next tour, you will certainly get a different perspective (pun intended) and pick up other tips and tricks. In any case, all our photogs are great so you won't miss out.

Fort Lee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Citifari: a guaranteed great experience.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have taken TWO Citifari photo safaris. Very satisfying and lots of fun. I expect we will take a third tour soon!

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank Mrs. JES
Hi Jes,

Thanks for your review and for participating to two of our tours.

Repeats are a great proof that we are doing something right... we are always trying to improve by collecting feedback from customers and integrating ideas to the tours... We are so glad so many people love them as they are and our photographers are a big part of the success.

3 attraction reviews
“See NYC from new angles”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Francois was great. Informative, creative and encouraging. I loved it because I looked at NYC differently through my camera view finder. Francois knew a lot about photo composition. I have several outstanding photos which will be proudly hung in my home. I did both the landmark tour and the night tour. My only negative comment would be that the night tour would have been better to start a bit earlier to catch the sunset in the city.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ian

Thanks for your review.

Jean-Francois has a great eye and is able to teach a lot. We have thought a lot about the night tour starting earlier, for the blue hour, sunset etc... however we thought it would require another tour and another name since sunset occurs almost an hour before night is here.

“I learned so much!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I attended both the night tour and landmarks tour. I learned so much about using my camera and enjoyed the sites from the insider's vantage point. If returning to NYC, I would like to take the other tours.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for your review.

Landmarks and night are our most popular choices. By the time you come back we may even have more to offer than SOHO and Central Park, who knows...

See you soon,