“Do This!”

and up
New York by Night Photo Tour
Ranked #108 of 659 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo tours of New York City - Join citifari's professional New York City photographers for a compact and exclusive 2-1/2 hour tour. During the citifari walking tour, our guides share with you privileged corners of NYC along with various, must-have, techniques so you can shoot your own stunning photographs.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A glorious morning in Central Park, May 17, 2013. We were a private group of three beginners and Jean Francois raised our level of knowledge considerably. His professionalism, pacing, kindness and talent all made for a perfect way to enjoy the park and stimulate our passion for all the possibilities in a potential photo. Easy booking on-line or via e-mail if you have a private event as we did. Thanks Citifari, Sam, and especially Jean-Francois.

All reviews
"taking photos"
in 6 reviews
"wealth of knowledge"

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took the photo tour in Soho as it fit in my schedule the best. It was interesting to find new areas to photograph. It was an area I hadn't been to that much and the instructor had access and experince in locations I probably wouldn't go on my own. The instructor provided some creative
insight into photographing an area in a more creative composition. I wasn't a beginner with my
camera but it would be a good trip for someone that was. I would definitely do another tour
probably at night.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
citifari, Owner at Citifari, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thanks for your review, and very glad you liked the SOHO tour. Come back for more when you can.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I enjoyed this tour even having some knoledge about photography I could learn new things, and all that in NYC surrounding.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
citifari, Owner at Citifari, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you Ronny, Jean-Francois is an amazing photographer, and he really lets his passion for it and for NYC transpire.

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you soon again, maybe! In the meantime you can always send us a few pictures from the Alps.

Best,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was incredibly fortunate to be the sole participant on this tour, and the one to one tutorial was excellent. Jean-Francois soon grasped that my interest was learning more about creative composure, so adapted the teaching appropriately. The tour was at a relaxed pace, and focused on capturing some real NYC scenes in addition to the incredible backdrop. I just loved the NYC Library and Grand Central Station, and Jean-Francois was more than happy to spend more time at these places. We definitely ran over on time - the tour went so quickly! He went above and beyond through the entire session, and my only regret is I didn't take this tour earlier in my trip! For the price, a truly great tour.

2  Thank NickyNackyNoo25
citifari, Owner at Citifari, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Nick,

Thank you for your review. Here at citifari, we try so that everyone gets something out of the the tour. And our photographers see a lot of photo enthusiasts who are passionate about photography for different reasons.

There is always something new to learn by shadowing a photographer and even more when he is lending you his lens.

Keep in touch,

See more reviews
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Last week, I had the pleasure of taking two tours with Citifari. The first was the NIGHT tour with Sam as guide. Sam was very helpful, knowledgeable, and taught me a number of new tricks. I wasn't familiar with how to effectively shoot at night, but do feel much more comfortable at this point. Sam uses an iPad to to discuss the shot at each site and provided recommended camera settings, which is very helpful for someone not used to shooting in manual mode. Our second tour was the LANDMARKS tour with Zoe as guide. She was very knowledgeable about the city and provided a lot of great information as we walked from site to site. A number of the sites were the same between the two tours and I have recommended that they find a few new sites to spice this tour up a bit. Overall, these were both great experiences and I would definitely recommended Citifari the next time you are in New York City.

2  Thank davehr66
samlevysam, Owner at Citifari, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you David for your review and your suggestions. It's always nice to read what we do well. It is true that a few of the sites (Grand Central and the Chrysler) are part of both tours however they are seen from different angles, times of the day, and using different techniques, which - we feel - make your experience interesting.
We look forward to having you on our tours again when you are back to New York.
Sam - founder