“Fantastic holiday in NY”
Review of 414 Hotel

414 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Fantastic holiday in NY”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Location is the most important feature of this well handled hotel. Managing people have been very nice.
The whole environment is really cosy.
They have been four beautiful days and I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Contes
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were very happy to have chosen 414 Hotel. It is a small and cosy place very pleasant in NYC. Susan is really so nice, helpful, friendly. We appreciated the "wine and cheese" moment to share and meet people from everywhere. I will recommend the place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Toulouse, France
Reviewed June 1, 2014

People from the hotel were very nice, very helpful and always giving good advices.
The location is perfect (5min walk from Times Square and Metro stations).
The hotel is very quiet and calm (the court area is very peaceful).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Toulouse, France
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A perfect place to stay in NY, 5 min away by foot from Times Square.
I realy felt like home thanks to Susan and the 414Hotel team : you made my trip so nice!
Just one thing : the noise of the fridge in my room - I had to stop it for the night.
Thank you again, I'll comme back to the 414Hotel for sure for my next trip to Big Apple!

Room Tip: No fitness center or swimming pool available at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The breakfast and the Happy Hours were top notch, the staff was very helpful (Mary and Susan in particular), and the location was great for doing everything on foot. The area felt safe to a couple of small town westerners.

Room Tip: After reading reviews before we booked our room, we chose a fourth floor room. Two bags carried by...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my first time at this hotel, and I love the 414 for a lot of reasons. I certainly will stay here whenever I come to NYC. But I must say that it may not be for everyone. It is not glitzy, it is not loud, it is not "modern chic," and it has no elevator.

If you are still reading then you will probably love staying here, and here why...

It is charming. It is truly like living in a NYC townhouse or brownstone. It is a real experience of what living in New York is like. The rooms are quiet, have luxury amenities, double sheets on the very comfortable beds, no bedbugs and flat screen TVs among other things.

The hotel is actually two brownstone buildlngs with a Parisian-like central courtyard between them replete with cafe tables, chairs and umbrellas. I spent a number of hours sitting under one of the umbrellas reading.

While it is a "walk up" above the first floor, the ever-helpful and pleasant staff will help you out. And every single person I met who works at the hotel was friendly, accommodating and fabulous. The owners Susan and Andrew are really caring, and told me they are going to be continually upgrading the hotel, including new carpeting, introducing Feng Shui (I may have spelled that incorrectly) into the decor, etc.

The front desk staff of Jackie,Fernando, and Drew were all unbelievably friendly and helpful. Even the cleaning staff was always saying hello and smiling.

I was upgraded complimentary to a first floor King room, and found it to be spacious, comfortable and quiet. I imagine their other rooms are probably decent sized for a NYC hotel.

The hotel offers free wifi and a nice breakfast - yogurt, cereals, hared boiled eggs, coffee, bakery goods, etc.. I am gluten free and Susan even went out and got GF bread and fruit for me for breakfast. Plus, there's a social hour every late afternoon with wine, and when Andrew is there he brings out his special Scotches for tastings.

The guests that I've met are literate, friendly and seem eager to socialize with each other.

I was amazed at how much Hells Kitchen has changed (for the absolute better) and this hotel is just one part of that neighborhood upgrade - there are TONS of really nice restaurants within one or more blocks of the hotel.

This hotel may not be for everyone but it certainly is for me. Yay!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street may be noisier than those facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The difference between staying at a large hotel chain and the 414 Hotel was immediately evident upon our arrival. We were warmly greeted by Susan Yates, the hotel manager, with assurances that she and her staff were there to assist us in every way possible. The small things that usually go unnoticed in a large hotel was truly appreciated by us - from the morning and evening greetings, the light conversations with the staff, the offer of suggestions for sightseeing and dining, and the genuine effort by everyone into making our stay a most pleasant experience. The continental breakfast provided us a great kickstart every morning. Although we did not partake in the evening cocktails activity, those who did appeared to have a lot of fun. The hotel's location adjacent to Restaurant Row was very convenient for us whether we had a pre or post theater meal. And, many of the theaters are within 2-3 blocks away, a 5-10 minutes walk. Thank you Susan and to your staff for allowing us to have a comfortable and relaxing experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in Premier Queen room and would request this type of accommodations in the future.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple