“Just what we were looking for!”
Review of 414 Hotel

414 Hotel
Ranked #1 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great little hotel in a very convenient location. European style with tidy, well-appointed rooms. Great little courtyard to take a coffee or breakfast. Located a few blocks from Times Square and most of the theatres. Rooms are on 4 levels, but there is no elevator, so if stairs are a challenge for you, make sure that you reserve a ground floor room. Courtyard rooms would be quieter than the street side, but our street side, 4th floor room was no problem for noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 5Brokies
There are newer reviews for 414 Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the 414 Hotel this month (July) and could not have been more pleased. Its prime location made dinner, sight seeing, and getting around extremely convenient. The rooms are very clean . It gives the feeling of a brownstone buildng combined with a bed and breakfast type facility. Staff was very polite and quick to help. I highly reccomend the 414 Hotel for domestic and international travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank MayaConor
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hotel 414 is one of my new favorites among New York hotels. Be aware that it's small and there's no elevator. But the location is perfect for sightseeing and theatre, the beds are comfortable, my room was clean and quiet (in the back building facing the courtyard), there's free wi-fi, the breakfast is just right (good fresh breads, cereals, coffee and tea, yogurt). There's a fridge in the room, so I kept fruit there to supplement the breakfast items. I'm not usually a bed-and-breakfast person; I don't like feeling that I'm staying in someone's home. But the rooms at 414 are more like a boutique hotel than a B&B, and the staff is helpful and friendly without being intrusive. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just spent 3 nights here with the July in the city special. Great location, only had to walk 11/2 blocks to both theaters that we went to. The bus stops are on either corner, subway 2 blocks down(super easy to take subway from JFK). We arrived at around 10am, just planning to drop off bags until check-in, told room would be ready within 20 min and to help ourselves to breakfast. I had requested a lower floor room since my back had gone out recently and facing courtyard which was recommended by other Trip advisors for quiet. Very pleased got room on first floor. Very comfortable sized room with large bathroom. There is no closet, but we had packed light for the hot weather and the clothes bar with hangers and dresser were enough for us. The room was very quiet, only had people talking in courtyard first evening, but with air conditioner and tv we drifted right to sleep. Staff was very nice. We also got a bottle of sparkling wine with our room, which was very nice, to have a glass every evening. Just bought fruit around corner to eat with croissants and bagels for breakfast. Nice quiet tree lined street. Lots of restaurants just down the street. Will definitely stay again. Intrepid just down the street as is Circle line cruises.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The location is perfect, located "deadsmack" in the middle of all the excitement. Staff is very helpful, friendly, specially the night guy Fernando. Was very helpful planning my night when my plans got cancelled, one phone call and he got my into club Pacha, right down the block from hotel, which was great.
Cant really think of anything to complain about the 414, hotel is exatly how it is described online. Stayed in the second floor facing the streetside, a bit loud at night, but hey it was the weekend and plus its NYC!
Will definetely recommend to my friends and becoming a repeat guest would not but dificult.

Room Tip: street side room can become noise a night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ideally located between Hell's Kitchen and Times Square. Friendly and helpful staff. Quiet street. Free wifi and basic breakfast. Basically a converted townhouse on a residential street. Air condition worked well which was vital for the day I stayed. Decent sized room but no desk to work on. TV remote broken but I didn't really need it so didn't mention to staff until check out. Be aware that there is no elevator with rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor and stairway is narrow. I would stay here again when I need to be in this part of the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I were there for a week in July.

At first, we were not so happy about the Hotel, but we realized that the employee at the front desk was not really good. A bit too laid back.

As the days passed, we found that the other employees were all very nice people.

The room was ok for NYC. we went to see friends at another hotel and it was more or less the same thing, ie small room in the 200-250 $ range. We wouldn't have paid more for the Hotel. Our room was bigger though.

On the plus side : the site. There are plenty of restaurants in Hell's Kitchen and you are at walking distance of a lot of places like Central Park, Times Square, 5th Avenue, etc.

The breakfast was sober. Fruits would be appreciated and a bit more varieties. The coffee was great.

Although it was not a problem for us, there are no elevator in the Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple