414 Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
  • Restaurant
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
$303
$254
  • Pool
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$265
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
1,481 results
All reviewsrestaurant rowother guestsno elevatorwine and cheesesusan and andrewdaily newsletterbreakfast and happy hournew yorktimes squarehell's kitchenbed and breakfastquiet streethome away from homebagelsthe theater districtfelt like homenice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Was referred to this Hotel and could not have been happier with the choice. Two blocks from Times Square! Rooms were clean and tidy, beds were comfortable, daily breakfast was great and free access to the internet certainly made keeping up with news from home a breeze. Would have no hesitation in going back next time I visit the Big Apple.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Great place to stay. The rooms are super clean and good-sized. Breakfast is a wholesome affair. Nice to be able to talk to other visitors over bagels, orange-juice and coffee. Very quiet and very welcoming. Loved it and would definately come back. Can't wait to...

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I really loved the place. Its very near of main atractions, situated in a street known as Restaurant Row. Great rooms, great queen size bed in our room, very very clean. The staff is the most charming and helpful I've ever found in a hotel.

Just want to go back!

Reviewed February 5, 2011

Okay, if I could afford the Mandarin or perhaps Crosby Street I would stay there, but I can’t! Pricing and availability of NYC hotel rooms can be shocking. Hence why for more than 7 years I have been staying here, and do so several times a year. The owners of the hotel are constantly reinvesting and adding better touches. It is brilliant value for money and I would highly recommend it. The rooms are spacious, very clean and if you get at the back of the hotel extremely quiet; rare for NYC! I love the location of Hells Kitchen; so many fab restaurants, bars, theatres and swift access to the metro (as well as Newark airport). So, unless you want to pay mega $$$ for a hotel product you can trust (meaning there are many expensive hotels that do not deliver value or even basic requirements) then you will not be disappointed by Hotel 414. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MDR04
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I lived in New York for 10 years and passed by this place a few times without knowing it was there. In my younger years I even hung out in the neighborhood unaware of this quaint place. I wish I had known, I could have recommended it to several friends and family over the years. Extremely well-maintained, nice size rooms, comfortable beds. The one draw back that people with disabilities or older persons should know is that it is a walk-up; no elevators or lifts. Stairs were a bit steep if you had to go past the 3rd or 4th floor, but sturdy railings and not overly narrow. Office staff is nice. Kitchen is small but stocked well. As someone who was looking for a good value in the neighborhood I found one. I would go back. It has an almost bed and breakfast type feel. My room was right by a stairwell however it was not noisy at all and I sometimes am a fairly light sleeper when sleeping away from home -- I had no problem. Though it was no frills, I was impressed with the free internet even though I didn't try it out. Lots of hotels in the area still charge. With all the problems of bed bugs and other problems associated with New York hotels, even posh spots, I was very pleased with my stay and felt that hotel took pride in itself and tried to offer a comfortable and clean experience for its guests. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in much of NY over the years, and this (although simple) was by far one of the better and enjoyable stays.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business