“Great location great hotel!”
Review of Belnord Hotel

Belnord Hotel
Ranked #303 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love this hotel, the location is excellent. Close to train station close to Central Park and close to great restaurants.

Always a favorite in NYC if you are on a budget and looking for a quiet location in the big apple.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Belnord Hotel

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Belnord is one of the worst places ever. yes, it's cheap -- but any smaller, and it'd be $100 per square foot! Couldn't even sit straight up in the commode. Couldn't shave and close the bathroom door at the same time. And the puny size was only the start. When we arrived, the room key wouldn't work the door -- sounds like a minor problem, but after four trips from the fifth floor down to the front desk oer a half hour, they still couldn't fix it, and had no other rooms to give us. So we spent our first night in the room only by virtue of a house key -- if we'd gone out, no way to get back in. They refused to change the room, and were not even sympathetic to our plight -- acted as though it happens all the time. Loud TV on most of the night, and the walls too thin to muffle the sound.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JamesMWashington
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Yes, the rooms are small, very small - in fact the bed pretty much takes up the entire room. However, for these prices ($80/night), it's a steal in NY city. The room and bathroom are very clean, and most rooms are newly renovated and all are non-smoking. I had enough space to put my suitcase on a suitcase stool and to hang my clothes on the open clothes rack in the room. Yes, the view will likely be of a brick wall, however, it's a great hotel if you just need a clean, comfortable place to sleep. Ask for a room that doesn't face the street and it will be quiet. The wifi connection worked fine. The location is excellent - just a block away from the subway and a 10 minute walk to Central park. There are tons of restaurants nearby, including a Starbucks next door. The neighbourhood is quite safe, even at night. There is a printer on the main floor, that you can use, for a fee. The only downside are the front desk staff, who are not exactly the friendliest people in the world. I've stayed at this hotel 3 times (Jan / Feb 2013 & 2 yrs ago) and I would definitely recommend it for a short stay in NY.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, that doesn't face the street - it will be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RP_traveller_2013
Reviewed March 29, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Haim A
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Belnord is a great value hotel for Manhattan due to its location and reasonable prices. If you are just looking for a clean room in a good location, I don't think this could go any better than Belnord. Because it's really close to Broadway Ave, it is not very quiet in the mornings, but this is what you should expect from this location. I haven't used its restaurant, and haven't spent much time in the room, but overall I liked the room I stayed for sleeping and resting. I was single but it would be comfortable enough room for couples. All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I were to stay in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Ask for bigger rooms. From what I understand some are big and some are small. I stayed in a bigger o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Emre A
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed four nights at the Hotel Belnord. The location is fantastic - Upper West Side, close to the park in a very safe and friendly neighborhood. The room was tiny, but very clean. Staff was friendly. The downside was the complete lack of soundproofing between the rooms and the hallway. If you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. No other amenities - I lost my toothpaste and they told me to go to CVS to buy more... However, it's a very good value and I would stay there again. Cleanliness and location combined with price can't be beat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here November 2012 and LOVED it! The rooms was small but it is Manhattan so you expect that, The bathroom was bigger than the room which we found very funny. The location was great and close to the subway and shops. The price has gone up since we visited but we will still go there. The entire hotel was clean and the front desk was very helpful.

Room Tip: we preferred the back side of the hotel toward the outside corner, because you couldn't hear a t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple