“They Lie!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #314 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Greenfield, MA
“They Lie!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and this one is run by some hard nosed people who lie. This is not the best area to stay in but it was within 8 blocks of where I was going so I booked as I was visiting 8 blocks away. Primarily for the prices. They denied me a credit after they said on the phone I could cancel. Major Snowstorm. City completely closed. Two days notice. I called on WED for FRI cancel. When I called to re-book they said "WE are a small hotel", and denied any credit. Woulnt even give me buck off as a credit. THEN ... I found their prices were actually higher than The Days Inn on 94th, next to where I needed to go. Skip this budget hotel and their lies; and stay at the Days INN. Cheaper and a big upgrade.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank HillClimberEast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
City of San Marino, San Marino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed there 1 week in august 2011.
Nothing to complain about, rooms was clean and very big (i don't know why but they gave us the invalid people room) with wood on the floor and not the stupid moquette.
Very clean and spacious.
I definitely will come back if I return in Ny!
Metro at 5 minutes walk.
A lot of restaurants nearby.
A starbucks 1 minute from the hotel :) perfect for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

the room-hotel was a little small and noisy due to the proximity to' the lift.
very clean but unfriendly staff at the reception.
the hotel and 'very well connected with the main stops of metro.linea red, blue and orange

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Liverpool UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very convenient location for the subway downtown. Shops locally and close to Central Park, easy walk to theMet.
Staff friendly and helpful. Bed comfortable. Heating system good.
Our room had only one bedside table which was very inconvenient - our onlly criticism.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had to stop in New York for two unplanned nights and did not have many options as many hotels were booked. I booked this less than a week in advance.

The rooms are tiiiiiiinyyyyyyy, literally no space to move. We had to move the bed right up to the wall so we could find space for our luggage and space to move around. The rooms are not fancy either, but very clean. The walls are thin and we could hear people moving outside. After New York we went to San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and this room was by far the poorest yet the most expensive. New York rates are catastrophic. Don't spend much on the room and enjoy the day out in this wonderful city.

The receptionist is extremely rude and unfriendly.

The location was very convenient though. It was a couple of mins away from the subway station and just a couple of streets away from Central Park. It was lovely to wake up in the morning and take a walk in Central Park then hop onto the subway to go sightseeing or go straight to the airport. It was a short ride away from Times Square.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I always read Tripadvisor reviews before I book a hotel so I was warned that the rooms were small, but I hadn't quite pictured lilliputian. The bed is the smallest Queen I have seen with room for only one bedside table. The 'wardrobe' area is a small rack sticking out of the wall under the TV and the bathroom was a shower (OK), and a toilet overlapped by a basin making sitting a challenging experience. I'd like to say it was all worth it because it was clean - but the sheets weren't that clean - I expect crisp white sheets; these were old and yellowed. And the view? Haha...we were so close to the building next door I could have passed our neighbours a cup of morning tea (if it was available in the hotel which it wasn't), and the proximity meant we couldn't tell if it was sunny, dull, raining.
On the plus side...the WiFi is free (although codes changed daily); the location is pretty good - lots of good restaurants within walking distance.
Not worth the 'cheap' price. Save up and get a decent hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 221. It was crap.
1 Thank opheliabuttocks