I stayed at the Benjamin for five nights with my wife and two children (ages 3 1/2 and 21 months). Overall, I found it to be a terrific hotel. We had a 1 BR suite, with kithenette. The rooms were reasonably sized - not huge, but big enough. We were arriving late one eveing, and so asked the hotel to make the pull-out bed and also set up a crib. Everything was taken care of by the time we arrived, allowing for a smooth transfer of sleepy kids from car to hotel room.
The rooms were clean, nicely furnished, and all in working order. I thought the bed was quite comfortable.
The staff is very professional and very nice. When we called the front desk for a weather report, she said she would check online and call back. Within 60 seconds I had received a call back. Similarly, we called the concierge one morning before he had arrived on duty. The hotel operator promised she would call us as soon as she got in. Five minutes later, she was on the phone. I just think the place is well run.
We had breakfast in the room most mornings, and I have to say the food was expensive but pretty darned good. Our kids loved the unbelievably good pancakes. We also had dinner one night, also good.
They have a small but reasonably equipped gym, and a very nice spa for those interested in massages, etc.
All in all, a very good hotel. I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms by Rottet Studio featuring kitchenettes and signature Benjamin Beds. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Known best for its world-renowned Sleep Program Rest & Renew, The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club with pint-sized amenities for kids to use during their stay. A private guest lounge on the second floor offers two business stations and lounge seating. The Benjamin affords quick access to Fifth Avenue's high-end boutiques, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and Central Park. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: •$10 daily credit toward Geoffrey Zakarian's The National Bar & Dining Rooms* •Wireless Internet on all of your devices throughout your stay •24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness center outfitted by Technogym •In-room artisanal coffee and tea offerings •Unlimited business services including printing •24/7 access to our private Residence Lounge •Unlimited local and domestic long distance calls •Access to our Clef D' Or Concierge services •Package handling and storage prior to and during your stay *Must be redeemed daily. Cannot roll over. **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City