My daughter and I stayed at The Benjamin from April 15-21 in a one bedroom suite on the fourth floor. The accomodations were very spacious for NYC, very clean and well appointed especially for business travelers with fax, large desk for working, internet access and good lighting. The closets are big with lots of storage space. The kitchen is great for snacks/breakfast. The bathrooms are all white and updated. There are lots of windows that open for fresh air and natural light. The gym was adequate. The staff is excellent and the lobby has the soothing fragrance of a spa.
The drawbacks were noise from the street even with the windows closed.
The living room was in need of renovation. The walls were too muted in color, and the furniture was very heavy and dark which made the room depressing and unwelcoming, but I would stay again. The noisy street views are preferrable to no views in some hotels or those awful views of another room or the air conditioning equipment. Considering the rates of NYC hotels, I think it was a good value and a great midtown location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms by Rottet Studio featuring kitchenettes and signature Benjamin Beds. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Known best for its world-renowned Sleep Program Rest & Renew, The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club with pint-sized amenities for kids to use during their stay. A private guest lounge on the second floor offers two business stations and lounge seating. The Benjamin affords quick access to Fifth Avenue's high-end boutiques, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and Central Park. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: •$10 daily credit toward Geoffrey Zakarian's The National Bar & Dining Rooms* •Wireless Internet on all of your devices throughout your stay •24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness center outfitted by Technogym •In-room artisanal coffee and tea offerings •Unlimited business services including printing •24/7 access to our private Residence Lounge •Unlimited local and domestic long distance calls •Access to our Clef D' Or Concierge services •Package handling and storage prior to and during your stay *Must be redeemed daily. Cannot roll over. **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City