“The Benjamin - Luxurious and relaxing place in the heart of NYC”
Review of The Benjamin

The Benjamin
Ranked #88 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I spent a long weekend in NYC with my sister, and after much research we decided to stay at the Benjamin. The hotel is located in the heart of Midtown, which suited our needs perfectly - we wished to sightsee all over the city, and Midtown is a great halfway point between everything NYC has to offer. The Midtown neighborhood is full of similar hotels, but after asking around to friends and family that both live in the area and visit frequently, we felt the most comfortable with The Benjamin's recommendations. We were not dissapointed!

The minute we stepped into the lobby from the freezing streets, we knew we'd picked the right place. We were welcomed in right away, and were ushered to the front desk and checked in quickly and politely. A bellman helped us to our room and we got settled in nicely.

I have stayed in quite a few hotel rooms in quite a few "luxe" hotels in NYC, but I must say that the Benjamin's rooms were the largest standard rooms I've ever seen there! Everything you could want/need was there, and there was actually room for the 2 of us and our luggage to spread out!

After a long day of sightseeing, my sister and I headed to our facial/massage appointments at the hotel's spa. Truly, this was the highlight of our trip! My facial with Sarah was amazing, and she had some helpful hints for me as well. My sister's massage was great as well, and it revved her up to hit the town again!

Another highlight of the stay was the pillow conceirge. We had a blast looking over the pillow menu and ordering the pillows that would help us sleep and wake refreshed and ready to go again.

I would definitely stay at the Benjamin again, and would like to thank the entire staff for making our girl's weekend memorable!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ASG328

Reviewed June 29, 2009

I recently stayed at the Benjamin during a business trip to New York City. The room was spacious, clean, and well appointed. The entire staff was very helpful and efficient at all the things you expect from a good hotel (check-in, directions, resturant suggestions, etc.). What was a pleasant, and very helpful, surprise was the extra lengths the staff went to in helping with the mechanics of my meeting. Whether it was loading material into a cab or packing items for an impromtu UPS pick-up, the staff was very helpful in making my meeting a success.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2009

Dear SamPColumbia_SC,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay with us. Hearing such positive comments about our staff is wonderful. We hope to see you back in New York and at The Benjamin real soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 29, 2009

I stayed at the Benjamin in New York for business but it turned out to be a pleasure. The people at the Benjamin treated me like family, actually family that they liked. The rooms were spacious, the accomodations were excellent and the location was great but what really made the stay memorable was the people. I think I've found a second home in New York.
Thanks

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This was my first visit to NYC in 12 years and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Benjamin. The staff was extremely pleasant and attentive. The room was comfortable and spacious and the bed was great. I suggest a serious look at the pillow menu, it was really nice to have the chance to try the different options. I am sure to saty here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business

Dear Captvege 1,

My name is Andrew Labetti, and I am the General Manager of the Benjamin. I am so glad that we were able to make your trip back to New York such a pleasant experience. I am so glad you enjoyed the pillow menu, and can’t wait to welcome you back during your next visit!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2009

Stayed there for a romantic weekend with my husband. The pillow concercege was amazing and you can pick out any pillow you want. The GM Andrew Labetti is a really nice guy. He understand hospitality and how to make our stay a home away from home experience. Thanks Andrew and The Benjamin hotel for a incredible stay.
Dr. & Mrs. A

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2009

My family and I stayed at The Benjamin for four nights in mid June. We booked the parking package, which we thought to be a great deal! We traveled with two young children ages 6 and 8 and found the accommodations to be fantastic. We reserved a one-bedroom suite, which is very spacious and had a pull out couch - perfect for our children. Since the moment of arrival we immediately knew we had made the right choice. The doorman greeted us immediately at curb side and learned not only our names, but our children's names. This was quite impressive. Throughout the stay we found the staff to be very professional, courtious and friendly. The suite was well appointed, comfortable and very clean. They have a large selection of pillows to choose from, which was a great plus!! My favorite was the swedish memory!! The concierge team was very helpful providing guidance with children friendly restaurants and places to go. We had a wonderul experience and will definately be back!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Dear Drewcenie 1,

My name is Andrew Labetti, I am the General Manager of the Benjamin. I am so glad to hear that you and your family had such a fantastic time while staying with us. Your experience is a perfect reflection of our standard goal here at the Benjamin. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back during your next visit to New York.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2009

We bid for a Hotel on Priceline and The Benjamin excepted.
After reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor , which were good and
some not so good this is what we think.
Wonderful Hotel, staff couldn't have been more accommodating.
On Check in Carter the Receptionist upgraded us to a large one bedroom
suite complimentary of The Benjamin. 19th floor. Out bid was only for a Guestroom type room.
Very nice touch Carter and we thank you, as it was totally unexpected. Great marketing and Customer service as we will certainly return.
Location was ideal. The things we wanted to do were all within easy reach from the Hotel.
The beds were very comfortable something that is important to us.

The Benjamin is worthy of a stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business