“Lovely stay at The Benjamin”
Review of The Benjamin

The Benjamin
Ranked #101 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed 6 nights in May/June. Staff is attentive and was exceptionally helpful to us as this was our first time in NYC. Really appreciated the kitchenette, although bathroom was a bit small.
Would recommend the suite, rather than the normal size room. Couple we were with had a suite with terrace and it was fantastic. Hallways could use some work, carpets were not the cleanest, but overall a good boutique experience. Really loved the smaller hotel with more personalized service -- older refurbished character building, not a grand, cold "resort" feel.

Room Tip: Go for the suite with terrace if you can afford it
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,803)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel was picked for me by hotwire. There was a chance of 4 hotels in the star range that could be a possibility. This hotel was the one we 'didn't' want. As it turns out it was perfect. Location is great, staff was great and the kitchenette was a real money saver. We really liked the hotel and room after all and would stay there again. We had no issues what so ever.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at The Benjamin. Staff was very nice and went out of there way to assist me. The room was exceptionally clean. I actually wished we had book rest of
our stay here. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Huma J
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I normally stay at Marriott properties but decided to adventure out and stay here. The hotel is nice, small but quaint lobby. I had requested an early check in at 100pm. I arrived at 200pm and they could not honor it. I understood when for lunch. Came back at 400, room was still not ready. I was not very happy with this but I did not complain.
Around 430 I got the room. The room was very spacious with a kitchenette and a balcony. Very nice. I really enjoyed having the balcony. I did pay for this type of room , it was not an upgrade.
The staff was good, not overly attentive but ok to my satisfaction.
I wished they had given me a couple of drinks at the bar since room was not ready.
Otherwise I would def try the hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Benjamin because we were hosting a dinner in the Corner Room of the National. The staff at the Benjamin were exceptional as were the staff at the National. This was truly one of my best experiences in NYC

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Midtown Manhattan offers many hotels to choose from, but the Banjamin has earned my repeat business. The entire staff went out of its way to make sure they were exceeding my expectations. The hotel condition was updated and high quality, and the bedding was ideal.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Have electively stayed here for a long weekend 7 of the last 8 months for work in NYC. I travel with another family member and my two toddlers. I cannot say enough about what a fantastic place to stay this has been for my family. The staff is so very attentive, friendly, gracious, prompt and courteous. They are more than happy to meet our needs as a family which means a great deal to me. (unfortunately, many NYC hotels have been less than gracious to a family with two small children). We lived in NYC, (UES), for 10 years prior to having our kids and heading West. We know the workings of the city well and truly consider this a home-away-from-home now. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business