Drawn in by the "pillow menu," I booked a stay at The Benjamin last month. Given its reputation and price point I was expecting quality, but the overall experience surpassed my high expectations. I have stayed in several high-quality Midtown hotels, usually comped by the company I work for-- but none have been quite this great. From the moment I walked in-- the inner door swings open as you approach-- I felt welcomed. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the room I received-- just exceptional.
I had booked a one-bedroom suite, but given that this is Manhattan I was not expecting it to be very large. Instead, the room was bigger than my aunt's NYC apartment (see photos!) and even had a little kitchenette with a fridge-- I mean an EMPTY one that I could actually put things in (and did). The king-sized bed was extremely comfortable-- especially with those special pillows-- and they even think of special details like a comfy afghan, extra outlets in convenient places, and a robe that felt brand-new. The rooms are modern but "warm" and very new-looking-- and *clean*. (I am really uptight about bathroom and bed cleanliness in hotels and am rarely 100% happy, but in this case I was.) Note: ask for a street view (which is what I got). They told me some of the rooms face an air shaft, and the view is really nice so I was glad I got one that didn't.
The rest of the hotel has a really nice, non-corporate, "old New York" luxury feel. I liked that aspect of it MUCH better than any of the cookie-cutter Marriotts etc. In terms of convenience, the location is excellent-- a subway station is within two blocks, and there's a Duane Reade pharmacy/convenience store around the corner and lots of great restaurant choices nearby. I walked there from Penn Station.
I will definitely stay there again. It was a fantastic stay. Also, I had thought the one-bedroom suite was going to be a onetime indulgence, but I am really tempted to go that route next time as well. How many times do you end a trip feeling like you didn't get to spend enough time in your hotel room?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms by Rottet Studio featuring kitchenettes and signature Benjamin Beds. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Known best for its world-renowned Sleep Program Rest & Renew, The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club with pint-sized amenities for kids to use during their stay. A private guest lounge on the second floor offers two business stations and lounge seating. The Benjamin affords quick access to Fifth Avenue's high-end boutiques, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and Central Park. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: •$10 daily credit toward Geoffrey Zakarian's The National Bar & Dining Rooms* •Wireless Internet on all of your devices throughout your stay •24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness center outfitted by Technogym •In-room artisanal coffee and tea offerings •Unlimited business services including printing •24/7 access to our private Residence Lounge •Unlimited local and domestic long distance calls •Access to our Clef D' Or Concierge services •Package handling and storage prior to and during your stay *Must be redeemed daily. Cannot roll over. **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City