“4 days in New York”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“4 days in New York”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

One of the largest rooms in New York I have stayed in, the bed was very comfortable and the small kitchen very handy and a nice added extra. Overall an excellent choice of hotel and the location is very good. I have stayed in many hotels in New York and the Benjamin is definitely in my top 5 would return again to the Benjamin hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

You're review is a delight! Our suites are larger than most NYC apartments. All of our rooms have a kitchenette complete with refrigerator, microwave, and tableware. Upon request we can also provide a toaster, blender or tea kettle. We feature frequent special offers and announcements on our suites. Be sure to check our TripAdvisor page when you are planning your next visit. We want to remain your destination of choice.

Steve Sasso

For more information on our newly redesigned luxe Midtown East hotel and our Best Rate Promise, please visit our website.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had a great stay at the Benjamin. It all started with the extremely helpful and friendly staff member, Mohamed. From day one, everyone made the stay enjoyable. The location is great and there's a great restaurant right in the hotel. You may want to request an interior room, as Lexington Ave. is extremely busy all night long.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Ryan5280,

Your review is wonderful and I appreciate your kind remarks about our Doorperson Mohammad. Our team will engage you from arrival to departure. Our location is grand on 50th Street and Lexington Avenue. The National brings Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian's culinary creations to Midtown. Enjoy our service and Rest & Renew program to rejuvenate during your NYC visit.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed in room 1902 from 23rd March until 28th this year & from start to finish this place was perfect. Smart, efficient, polite, friendly staff, excellent bar & resteraunt & a lovely spacious room. The room was spotlessly clean & faced out onto Lexington Ave with great views of the street below. Equipped with air con, a kitchenette large double bed, walk in wardrobe, flatscreen t.v.etc. Located three blocks from Rockefeller Plaza, 5 mins from Grand Central Station, Times Square not much further away, in fact we walked everywhere apart from taking the tube to Battery Park. There is a seven- eleven next to the hotel to stock up your fridge & street vendors selling fresh fruit on the street corner. I cannot endorse this place enough, it is a lovely stylish building inside & out but it's location & excellent staff are it's biggest plus points. We will be back to New York & guess where we will stay!

Room Tip: An ideal location just far enough away from the hustle & bustle of Times Square but close to all...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear rob w,

Your review has made our day! We want to remain your destination of choice in NYC. We are thrilled to know we have earned that privilege from you. We are steps from Rockefeller Plaza, Grand Central Station, Fifth Avenue and much more. Our staff is eager to please and provide genuine and attentive service. We look forward to your next visit.

Rochester
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had booked a number of guest rooms for an extended family stay in early March and from the time of making (and changing/updating) the rooms reservations throughout our stay, everything was impeccable and customer service was superb. Reservations agents; front desk staff; the Housekeeping and Engineering (we had use of the Terrace Suite for an allday family meeting with A/V needs) Departments, all excellent. A special shout-out to Marioara, Director of Housekeeping; she was beyond helpful and gracious and generous with her time and talents.
We hope to return again next year and beyond.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear mfk59

I appreciate your terrific review! I am elated that your family event went so well and all of our staff was attentive to your expectations. Thank you for recognizing Marioara; she is marvelous and we appreciate all she does to make our hotel shine. Our Terrace Suites are available for only a few dollars more and have ample exterior space. A spectacular reason to enjoy Midtown in the Spring time.

New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for her "big birthday" for a couple of nights 2 weeks ago. Everyone we encountered couldn't have been nicer. They were extremely helpful, courteous and frienldy...not fake friendly as you find at many hotels but genuine. We had a lovely suite and were quite appreciative of the "happy birthday" treat they sent up from the wonderful Geoffrey Zakarian National Restaurant downstairs. I had spoken to the assistant general manager, Jeff Egol, before booking our reservation and he was very dedicated to making sure we would have an excellent experience...and we certainly did. The hotel was conveniently located near a subway stop making access to all parts of the city a breeze. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when staying in the city.

1 Thank TheTeeMan
Dear TheTeeMan,

Thank you for a joyful review of your special occasion visit to The Benjamin! I am so pleased that Jeff was able to help set up your stay. Our whole team has a keen interest in making sure you make the most of your visit and we hope to see you and your wife back again soon! We will be offering our Sunday Savings special for the foreseeable future that discounts your Sunday night rate by 50% when you stay two nights.

All the best to you and your wife,

France
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My parents and I have just got back from a four-night trip to NYC, staying at this hotel. I'm giving it four stars instead of five purely because there was such a change in attitude on the front desk depending who was working. We arrived in the early hours of the morning after an excruciatingly long trip we we didn't feel welcomed at all. The next morning was the same story - no smiles, no 'How can I help you?' from the girls on the front desk and a very unhelpful response when I did ask them a question.
That all changed when the afternoon front desk staff took over - it was like a completely different hotel. We had smiles, we had 'Good afternoon, madam, can I help you?' and we had the earlier request fulfilled in an instant. The concierge staff were extremely friendly and helpful, too, as were the doormen. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant on the last day and couldn't fault it. The waiting staff were friendly and went out of their way to get you whatever you wanted.
The beds... oh Lord. I've never slept in such a great bed. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the facilities were great and it's the first time I've actually been able to sleep in a hotel, ever. You could barely hear anything from the street and the maids were quiet and came along pretty late, so we were never disturbed, something which is constantly happening in other hotels.
I must say a big thank you in particularly to Steve and Hartman on the front desk who really took care of us. I have spinal arthritis and when we came back from a long day, and he could see I was exhausted and in pain, he even offered me an ice pack to put on my hips.
I sincerely hope I'm well enough to go back to New York at some point, and if I do, I'll have no hesitation in staying here (as long as Steve and Hartman are still manning the front desk!). It's in a fantastic location, too - a mile or less from pretty much anywhere you need to be.

Room Tip: I had a corner room at the back - away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Cupcake1972

Thank you for your terrific review. I am so pleased that you and your parents had such a positive visit to NYC. Our beds are supremely comfortable and our Rest & Renew program is informed by sleep expert Rebecca Robbins. I am so pleased that you've finally found a hotel where you can sleep and feel rejuvenated! I appreciate your glowing remarks about our concierge, doorpersons, housekeeping and especially Steve and Hartman. Our front desk is eager to provide genuine and attentive service. We read your comments together and I appreciate your feedback and the entire team looks forward to your families' next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

For my wifes birthday and to visit our son, we stayed at the Benjamin. We were given a studio suite, which by any standard, not only by the standard of New York, was large and well equipped. Outstanding was the large and really comfortable bed. As the saying goes, we slept like babies. The kitchenette was also a useful feature. If you are chopping or after "culture" the position of the hotel is just right.

However what impressed even more, was the telephone call from Mr Sasso, the General manager as soon as we arrived, asking if all is well and the birthday cake sent up on the day of my wifes birthday!

Also impressive was the nicely decorated lift, the cleaning ladies, who were charming and efficient and staff at reception with their politeness.

Is there a hotel which is perfection? In my experience it just does not exist. Searching for some gripe about The Benjamin, I can only complain about the jotter. It only had one sheet in it. Of course I might be the last person who needs a jotter nowadays!

G Fisher

Dear bpest080,

I am humbled by your delightful review. Our team is eager to create fond memories for all of our guests. I am so pleased that your visit to NYC to celebrate your wife's special birthday and to spend time with your son was a success. If we were able to play even a part in spreading happiness upon your trip with a birthday cake and a warm welcome we are overjoyed. Please pardon the jotter, we certainly appreciate the feedback and I look forward to you hosting your family again.