Our first New York experience and The Benjamin helped us enjoy it immensely. We booked with Priceline and, despite what another reviewer said, did NOT get a Priceline room. However, they did book us in a room with one double bed which wasn't going to work for me, my wife, and eight-year-old daughter. A quick call to the front desk and they upgraded us to a room with a king-sized bed at no charge and offered us a cot for no charge.
The room was very comfortable and even my daughter commented that it was "better than the places we usually stay". Location was great for a shopping trip to New York. Close to Fifth Avenue, Central Park, and Broadway. Staff was always courteous and my wife enjoyed her massage.
Two nitpicks: the wait for the elevator can be excruciatingly long at times. Also, we laid out a card for breakfast at 10pm one night and it was still on the door the next morning. No worries there, though. They didn't charge us for it!
Thank you, Benjamin, for two very happy girls in my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms featuring kitchenettes and Signature Benjamin Beds. Originally designed as a residential-style hotel with wind-swept terraces to entertain, the Neo-Romanesque style edifice, a New York City Landmark, exudes the ambiance of a private club. The Benjamin was fully redesigned by Interior Designer Lauren Rottet and restyled in partnership with Benjamin Sleep Expert, Dr. Rebbeca Robbins, to bolster the residential appeal and create an ambiance of relaxed sophistication. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club during their stay. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room per night and provides you with $10 daily credit toward The National, Wireless Internet, 24/7 access to our Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City