I have previously stayed at The Benjamin on business trips but this was my first time staying with my family and small dog on a personal trip. We booked a one bedroom suite and called to sign up for the "Dream Dog" program. Upon arrival, there was a beautiful small dog bed and food and water bowls awaiting my pup. No pet fees, deposits, or other charges (compared to other hotels that charge $150/night for my 12 lb, non-shedding potty-trained dog). Everyone was super nice to my dog including the front desk staff who gave him treats, the bellmen, doormen, lady who checked on the mini bar, etc. A+ for dog-friendliness!!
The hotel rooms themselves are comfortable - nothing super fancy but extremely comfy bed, nice bathroom, and our suite had a great little kitchen with full-size fridge, dishes, silverware, etc. What really stood out was the service. I was unable to drive up to the hotel the night of my arrival due to barricades around the block (the President staying at a hotel across the street), and after schlepping 5 blocks with luggage and my dog, the front desk gal took pity on me and gave me a coupon for 2 complimentary drinks. The front desk staff was accommodating without fail. We had a question about a movie rental and the front desk told us we could repurchase the movie and they would comp it for us. They answered my many questions about wireless (they charge $14.95 for 24 hours of very slow wireless -- my only complaint since it seems archaic in this day and age to charge for wireless). The room service folks were extremely nice and helpful. The room service food was AMAZING (from The National restaurant - has some good vegetarian options). The pillow delivery guy was very nice, someone who fixed the TV for us was very nice -- we never once felt like we weren't receiving amazing and sincere service.
Our room was on the 14th floor overlooking Lexington which was rather noisy despite the soundproof windows - on other stays, I've requested a room not on Lexington and it was more peaceful. The AC units had the option of keeping a fan on "high" all the time which really helped with white noise throughout the suite. The pillows we ordered from the Sleep Concierge/pillow menu were really amazing and the bed very comfy.
Overall, this was a very lovely place to stay, super economical if traveling with a small dog, and simply great service. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms featuring kitchenettes and Signature Benjamin Beds. Originally designed as a residential-style hotel with wind-swept terraces to entertain, the Neo-Romanesque style edifice, a New York City Landmark, exudes the ambiance of a private club. The Benjamin was fully redesigned by Interior Designer Lauren Rottet and restyled in partnership with Benjamin Sleep Expert, Dr. Rebbeca Robbins, to bolster the residential appeal and create an ambiance of relaxed sophistication. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club during their stay. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room per night and provides you with $10 daily credit toward The National, Wireless Internet, 24/7 access to our Fitness Center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City