The Benjamin
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$193
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$365
$322
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$348
$271
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$244
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
2,923 results
All reviewspillow menunational restaurantone bedroom suitenew yorksmall kitchenettemini kitchenlexington avenuemidtown locationthe sofa bedcentral parkwaldorf astoriarockefeller centerwonderful hotelboutique hotelan upgradearound the cornerby nyc standards
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent four days at The Benjamin. It is located diagonally across from the Waldorf Astoria. Its a nice hotel and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is close to the subway station which is very convenient. It was my birthday celebration so the management sent up a cheese and fruit tray along with a bottle of wine. He also enclosed a personal welcome note. We had a corner suite with a marble bathroom and two flat screen tvs. There was also a kitchenette. We love the location and plan to return in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
jgaeta, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear LoveMyVacation48,

I hope this finds you well. I am sorry for the delay in responding to your note, and I do thank you for taking the time to provide such nice feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your bithrday celebration and do hope that you return to the Benjamin. Please let me know if you need any help regarding a furture stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed with my husband and two little girls for a week and had a very good experience. We had a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The size was very good and the kitchenette small but well provided. Hotel personnel was very helpful and responsive, the room was promptly cleaned. Decoration is nice, a bit on the old fashioned style specially in the living room but perfectly ok. Location is great for shopping, museums, subway and the park. I would definitely come back and recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear DBull20,

I hope this note finds you well. I am sorry for the delay in responding and wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your very nice and important feedback. I am so happy that you and the family enjoyed your stay. I want to let you know that the hotel will be getting a rooms renovation this summer. It will have a brand new look, being brighter and up to date. We are very excited for the refresh and do hope that you will come back to see us soon.
Please let me know if you need any help for a future stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Staff At the Benjamin are terrific ------The hotel is great & the location is wonderful.
We stay there whenever we are in N.Y
A special shout out to William (front desk Mgr.)Mohammed a doorman (who is ALWAYS where he has to be) Sandy the concierge & last but not least the new General Mgr. by the name of Joe Gaeta , who seems very eager to keep his guests happy-----It really makes a difference--
they make it feel like "your home away from home"

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Judith513,

I hope this finds you well. I am sorry for the delay in responding and wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your glowing feedback. It is so important and I do appreciate it. I am so happy that the Benjamin is your home away from home and I hope to keep it that way for a very long time. We really do have an incredible team and it does make a difference.
Please let me know if I can assist in plans for a future stay.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family stayed at The Benjamin for three nights in April 2013. This is our second stay, and we enjoyed it more than the first. The location is great -- just a block from Lexington Avenue subway line with many good restaurants within walking distance. This time we had a room with two double beds and a kitchenette. The room decor is nice, but simple and comfortable, and everything was very clean. The view was the roof of a neighboring building, but the room was very, very quiet. The last time, we stayed in a room looking out over 50th Street, and you could definitely hear the street noise. The best thing was the service. The concierge service is great -- we got good recommendations on restaurants, best way to travel to our destinations, and more. And the doormen were wonderfully helpful. The only bad thing I can say is that some of the furniture in our room in our room was showing wear and tear. I highly recommend The Benjamin for business or vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Melvinra
Thank you for your positive review and it was a pleasure to have you back with us at The Benjamin. You are right; the location is very convenient for traveling around the city to many of the top destinations. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our concierge team; they do a wonderful job of finding some great hidden gems in the city and are always eager to assist in any way possible. Thank you again for your positive review and we look forward to your return. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
All the best,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My fiancée and I stayed at The Benjamin during a 4 night stay in NYC earlier this year. From the moment we arrived, we knew that our stay would be special! The service was impeccable from the off - courteous, helpful staff on the door and front desk.

The room was excellent and as we arrived late at night, we were delighted to find such an amazingly comfortable bed. The cushion menu was also great and we tried pretty much all of them over the course of the stay! The room we had was spotless and very spacious by any standards and we also had our own kitchenette which we used daily to make our own breakfast (breakfast in the restaurant is quite pricey, hence us opting to provide our own). The Elemis toiletries all added to the sense of luxury.

Location wise, this was exactly what we wanted - close to the subway and a few blocks from St Pat's.

The only minor let down was the hotel restaurant. Food was very good, but the service was a little lack lustre from one of the staff; however, I suspect that he was new. There was an error with our drinks order which was quickly rectified and the restaurant manager also came over to apologise and the drinks were removed from our bill. All in all, this would not have put me off from returning. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great and it seems like a very popular venue.

All in all, this is a superb establishment and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SCE,

I hope this finds you well. I am sorry for the delay in responding and wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your very important feedback. I am thrilled that you and your fiancee enjoyed everything. We really do have a great team at the Benjamin. I have spoken to our restaurant manager and we are addressing the service issue that you experienced.
It is great to hear that overall you experienced "Perfection". Thank you for saying that.
Please let me know if I can help with a future stay.