“Stay over Christmas was fabulous”
Review of The Benjamin

The Benjamin
Ranked #98 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a one bedroom Junior suite which was very comfortable for us traveling with teens. The sitting room was spacious and the 2nd tv kept everyone happy. The kitchenette let us have snacks, and drinks for after our forays into the city. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful Cora at the front desk is awesome. The beds are very comfortable, the pillow menu is always fun. The elevators get crowded but they were fine. The location is perfect for Rockefeller Center, 5th Ave Times Square all an easy walk, the subway is across the street as well as a National Rental Car. We had a great time, the housekeeping was efficient the decorations in the lobby were beautiful. We have stayed many times before and this was another great stay at the Benjamin. The National restaurant & bar was good, the bar was perfect for a drink. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Benjamin

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed in numerous hotels in NYC and the Benjamin was the nicest place and the staff was the friendliest I have ever seen. Especially the concierge, Sarah Pesek went out of her way to make our stay so special. Thanks Sarah, your'e the BEST!!!

Frank C

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very nice, clean and convenient hotel in the heart of midtown. Nice suite size room with galley kitchen, which is unheard of in NYC! The bed was very comfortable and the city noise wasn't an issue at night. The elevators are slow though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The location on the east side at Lexington was great for us.

The hotel is an older property but seems to be in good shape.

Check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. It was smaller than some but very comfortable. We were on the "back" which was quiet. The restaurant on site was very good.

The room had a little kitchenette which was a nice amenity. It included a sink, a fridge with space for not only the hotels bar items but for the guests drinks too, and a microwave along with a little china, etc.

Room Tip: There are two sides to the hotel - the back which is quiet and the front (2 sides) which look on the...
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed there for one night in January 2013. I would rate this hotel about average.

The Cons:
The hotel lobby was small and the room itself was dated (ie flatscreen TV about nine cm wide, toilet came from my middle school years, etc).
They charge $14 a day for wifi, which is almost unbelievable since Starbucks offers this for free.

The Pros:
The staff was polite and helpful.
The condition and shampoo were a nice touch and the balcony was a sweet surprise.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at this perfectly located boutique hotel. Cora, the guest service agent made the trip even more special, helping us with every detail of our stay. The rooms do need a bit of an upgrade - I used to stay here a lot on business in 2003-2004 and it is clear not much has been done since then. The beds are very comfortable and the pillow menu is heavenly. The rooms are large by NY standards and the staff goes above and beyond to accommodate you.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room not facing the street.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend, toy poodle, and I booked this hotel last minute for New Years Eve. The fee for a pet was only $25-which they didn't even charge us for. The checkin process was quick but wasn't done with a smile. The gentleman at the front desk was very uninterested, but that didn't bother me as much as it would have bothered some. Overall the Benjamin was a nice hotel. We rented a studio with a kitchenette. The size was nice for a NYC hotel (approx 350 sqr feet). The room appeared clean however I was disappointed to find that when my toy poodle came from under the bed he had a choclate ball in his mouth. I immediately threw it away and he came back with another one. I searched the room and found an open package of choclate balls under the bed. If my dog would have eaten the whole pack- I would have been FURIOUS. I didn't have time to complain b/c I had a tight tight schedule and was already late for an appointment. I'm unsure if my boyfriend said something to the front desk as we were in and out of the room and didn't run into each other until late night. The products in the bathroom were standard. Shower pressure good. We were on the 4th floor and didn't hear any outside noice. I would probably stay here again b/c of the convenience and price-but I expect not to find anymore choclate laying around unless its a Godiva gift from Management.