I stayed in a small suite at The Benjamin from Saturday, 27th until Wednesday, 31st, October, which covered the time of Hurricane Sandy in New York. On Monday,29th,as my flight to London on the 31st was cancelled, I asked the hotel to extend my reservation for two nights and was told that there would be no problem and that they would do this for me. I checked again with the hotel the following day and was told that the person who had confirmed my reservation had made a mistake, but that there was a 90 % chance that my stay could be extended. On the morning of the 31st, I was told that I could not stay on. I asked to speak to the manager who neither appeared nor called me back and was told firmly that I would have to check out. Bearing in mind that this hotel is often used by my company, I feel that I was poorly treated, despite the exceptional circumstances of the hurricane.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms featuring kitchenettes and Signature Benjamin Beds. Originally designed as a residential-style hotel with wind-swept terraces to entertain, the Neo-Romanesque style edifice, a New York City Landmark, exudes the ambiance of a private club. The Benjamin was fully redesigned by Interior Designer Lauren Rottet and restyled in partnership with Benjamin Sleep Expert, Dr. Rebbeca Robbins, to bolster the residential appeal and create an ambiance of relaxed sophistication. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club during their stay. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room per night and provides you with $10 daily credit toward The National, Wireless Internet, 24/7 access to our Fitness Center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City