“Nice staff”

Ranked #217 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice staff”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I arrived very early and the staff were nice enough to hold my luggage until check in time. They even offered that I could check in early. They helped me by printing out directions to a deli I wanted to try and let me use the restroom. The room was very much like all Club Quarters I have stayed at. This one is in a great location for visiting the sites of lower Manhattan. It is a short walk to the 9/11 memorial, a nice waterfront park with ferry service and boat tours, and several subway stations. There is not much in the way of good local restaurants from what I could find. There is a Starbucks close by.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor to avoid street noise. There is considerable construction in the streets and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wanderkitty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week for work - I was walking only a couple of blocks away. The hotel is so conveniently located - you're pretty close to some great history in NYC, the water, statue of liberty, and I absolutely love the battery park area nearby. It's significantly less touristy and quieter.

The hotel itself is standard - nothing amazing or great. My room was a good size for New York, and standard for many cities actually. It's not necessarily upgraded or too modern or anything, and it's nothing flashy, it's just a standard business hotel with everything you'll need for the week - a nice clean room and shower, bed, a desk and office space, good internet service, snacks in the lobby, and a responsive staff. My team stayed here for the location - because it was so close to our office - and I would stay here again. You're not spending too much time in your hotel room anyway in NYC, but it's great to walk downstairs and be in an area that's nice and close to restaurants, etc.
One thing I'd say needs is improvement is the lighting in the room - it was a bit dark. It made me tired when I worked from the hotel in the evenings and was not ideal, but I got a good night's rest every night and I was surprised that it was also quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't directly face another window, like mine did :) I was just 25 feet aw...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NatalieJF43
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I Stayed at this hotel and loved everything about it, The rooms are very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The employees sure know how to treat there guest ESPECIALLY BRANDON, he was very polite and answered all my questions and gave me great directions around the city I would definitely come here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michael y
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Club Quarters at 52 William Street, was located in quite strategic corner to explore the Lower Manhattan, it was also very close to the Wall St subway station. When I checked in , the staff was helpful and friendly. Room ammenities are sufficient to stay comfortable, though the room size with one bed was not too large, free wifi, coffee maker, fridge, and microwave were provided. Guest can help themselves with chilled purified water down the hall. A small desk with reading lamp, and some books on the shelf gave the 'feel like home' touch. Bathroom was with shower and toilet, and was quite small though. Overall I am ok and comfortable with the room's design. The hotel also has adjoined pub / restaurant, 'The Bailey', which looked quite nice as well (from my first dinner visit on Sunday night).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Olivia S
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Spent Saturday to Monday at Club Quarters on Williams Street - very good location for lower Manhattan - and easy access to trains if you want to be further uptown (just check train schedules as service is limited on weekends to some of these stations). Room was small, which is no surprise for Manhattan. Got a great rate thru hotwire, but hotel charged an extra $10/night for a room with two beds (which were twins) even though I had called the hotel before arrival to request a room with two beds and was not told about upcharge.
We were on 3rd floor - which as very high ceilings so made the small room less claustrophobic. My daughter (who lives in NYU dorms) didn't seem to mind, but I thought the twin beds felt like summer camp years ago. Bathroom is VERY small too. Had issues with AC which were promptly addressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at several of the Club Quarter Hotels now & picked this one as part of our trip to the States this summer.
Hotel is great for Wall Street area.
Our room was a fair size for a Manhattan hotel, very clean & I love that you get free water & coffee... more hotels should do this!
Would recommend for this part of Manhattan & would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Club Quarters Wall St. and were very pleased with our experience. The room size was rather spacious for NYC. There was plenty of room for the double bed, armoire, desk, refrigerator and side chair. It was small but didn't feel cramped or claustrophobic like other NYC rooms I've stayed in. There was also a flat screen TV mounted to the wall and new bathroom fixtures.

The room was clean and in good condition. The bathroom was small but had all the necessities. Our room was ready 3 hours before check-in and they held our luggage for a full day after we checked out while we were finishing up our exploration of the city.

The staff are friendly and professional and I appreciated the secure elevator system to prevent strangers from roaming the hotel. I will definitely consider staying at Club Quarters for future trips to NYC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple