“Would be very happy to stay here again!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Ranked #220 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had originally booked another hotel, closer to the water which, despite only having booked it a few days before travelling, turned out to be closed due to the floods following Hurricane Sandy. They offered us accommodation elsewhere; but we wanted to be close to my brother's apartment. So we got a last minute booking at Club Quarters.

The bed was not as comfortable as some; but it was OK - and everything else about the experience was excellent. We were on the penthouse floor - with sloping ceilings and window. We had great views. The reception area was small, with staff whom we got to know, and who were very friendly. The hotel had very fast wifi, free, included in the price; and the club room had 24-hour computers (with free printing), TV, hot and cold drinks and snacks, again all included in the price.

The location was perfect for us - if you're looking it up on a map it's actually on William Street, between Wall Street and Pine Street. There's a large pharmacist and grocers (Duane Reid) opposite; it's very close to Wall Street and to a great coffee shop/diner called Financier (we also breakfasted at "The Diner" in Nassau Street, and in George's Restaurant, close to the 9/11 site - both excellent); and the Wall Street subway stop is very close, on the corner of Wall Street and William Street - just turn left out of the hotel and it's on the corner.

We moved from here to a big commercial hotel in Times Square (joining a group booking), and wished we'd opted out of the group booking. Not only is Times Square horribly touristy, full of hustlers; but while all the extras were free (included in the price) at Club Quarters, they were very expensive add-ons at the Crowne Plaza; and the Times Square hotel was large and impersonal in comparison to Club Quarters. Club Quarters was also much quieter - we heard very little from the corridor outside the room or from adjacent rooms, in contrast to the noises at Times Square.

I'll definitely book myself into Club Quarters the next time I go to visit my brother, and have recommended it to my family.

Room Tip: I don't know what the rooms on other floors are like; but we enjoyed being on the top floor (&qu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My business trip was a three week stay, I will go as far as saying I moved into Club Quarters for three weeks! The entire staff inclusive of Ms. Diane Maldonado was a comfort zone when we meet over and over again! The comforts were plenty. I was especially pleased with the speed of the elevators, and efficient fitness room . The laundry room and Conference room did not go unnoticed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Finding good hotels for a reasonable price in Manhattan is always a challenge, and depending on what you're aspects you're willing to trade off on this Club Quarters can be a good option for a weekend trip.

The Downtown location is ok. There isn't a whole lot going on in the area on the weekend and many restaurants are closed, but there are plenty of great attractions to see nearby. Getting from the hotel to destinations all over the city is easy with multiple subway lines running through the immediate area. In particular the Wall Street station is a half block away from the hotel which made the trip to and from Penn Station on the 2 and 3 trains very easy.

The hotel itself is pretty nice. There's nothing fancy or luxurious to see here, but if you're just looking for a good place to sleep when you're tired from running around the city that shouldn't matter much. The rooms were clean and appeared to be well maintained. There is also a fairly basic fitness center.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family of 4 spent the two nights after Christmas in a suite that had many amenities - great Internet access, all the plug-ins for phones, iPads,etc and a microwave and refrigerator, and free New York Times! The large room was split by a tv/closet/desk divider that created a bedroom(queen size bed) and living area with pull out couch. Our only big problem was the room was cold. Couldn't get the temperature up above 63 degrees. The front desk said it was because the building was old and we were in a corner unit with large windows on two sides. Asked for extra blankets and was warmer the second night. The pullout couch was small and not very comfortable so my son ended up on the floor. The staff were very helpful. We liked the location way downtown and found it relaxing with many small restaurants nearby. This location provided great access to the Brooklyn Bridge and the Tenement Museum which was a real plus!

1  Thank kate s
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay here at least two times a year for business; staff is polite and VERY helpful and friendly. If I have downtime, I prefer this NY CQ location because of easy access to subway, walking distance to Native American Museum, Battery Park and other attractions.

During one stay, the hotel had a fire, staff worked hard to relocate folks as soon as possible, covered costs and helped folks with whatever was needed. It wasn’t a great experience but I did return as a guest.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here from 12/29/12-1/1/13. Quite honestly, it was nice being downtown and not by Times Square for everything. We had a Queen Sized bed with a pull out couch and for 4 people, it worked. The suite was the biggest room I've stayed in while in NYC which is a plus. Bathroom was small, but that's not a big deal. Coffee and plates/silverware in the room. The hotel is right off the 2/3 Wall Street stop and a short walk from the 4/5 subway so it's very easy to get around. Rooms were clean, but the pull out couch and the bed were a tad uncomfortable (the couch mainly).

Free laundry and work out facility on the 3rd floor with a 2nd floor business center which is a plus and means I have to bring home less smelly workout clothing. There's a Catholic Church literally right next store for any catholics out there too.

Couldn't do an early check in, however, they held my bag for me and put in the room while I was out and it became available. Staff was pleasant to deal with and helped with anything we needed. A gem and I'd stay again!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hotel is really decent. Decent size rooms. Quiet and the staff at the desk on the ground floor are good!! But the reason I never go back to this hotel is this guy called Jose who also works at the executime room. I wanted to store my belongings and greeted this man. No reply. I did once more. No reply. He even did not look me into the eye. After we were done he gave me the key of the locker and ordered me to get out the room. The look at his face, the imoliteness and the rudeness. YAGH. He putt me off!! never go back!!

Room Tip: no go if you want to be treated polite