“Much more spacious than anywhere else we've stayed in NYC”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Ranked #215 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Upstate NY
“Much more spacious than anywhere else we've stayed in NYC”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I realize the financial district isn't the premiere location for seeing the sights, but for a quick 1 night trip to meet up with family, our little family (2 adults/2 boys) loved staying here. Quiet, clean and spacious -- plus the staff were very kind and welcoming! I repeatedly commented on how large the room was! They make great use of little corners and alcoves.

Conveniently located near the Wall St subway stop, and the Financier pastry shop a block or so away blew my husband away, as he hadn't tasted a "real" French croissant in the US since growing up in rural France in the 80s. We have found our go-to hotel for future NYC visits!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Club Quarters Rockefeller Center is situated on 51st St. betweeen 5th and 6th Aves - kitty corner from Radio City Music Hall. My 2 sisters and I drove to NYC to celebrate 2 of our birthdays at the end of August. We stayed at the Club Quarters and had a beautiful room on the 3rd floor, facing 51st Street. Services were excellent and staff very informative. Their 7th floor dining/lounge with outside sitting balcony where we had munchies and drinks and stared at the City lights and the full moon on Aug.31st. First time in NYC. Although quite expensive, we'll be back.

Room Tip: Our accommodation has a bedroom with pull-our couch in living room and kitchenette, complete with cu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in loads of club quarters and the only thing going for this one is the location. Great for the financial district but the rooms are old, bathroom small and showing age with staining on shower, air condition is noise and the controls are manual and very inaccurate. Not a nice room to sit in at all.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for 3 nights. The location is very convenient, within the financial district. It's also right on top of Wall St. metro station. Getting anywhere in Manhattan by metro is convenient.
There is free drinking water machine located in every floor. That's very nice.
You can store your luggage for free after you check out. However, when I came back around 9pm to get my luggage, I found that the luggage room attendant had already left and my luggage and another luggage was unattended. I felt that anyone could have walked in the room and take my luggage because there were simply no other people on the same floor. Having said that, I'm still glad that they offered this service, just that it could be improved.
The room I stayed at was generally quiet, except the fan noise. I did spot a couple of small stains on my sheet and towel.
Other than those, my stay was perfect. My room was cleaned everyday. I had a queen bed in my room. It was a spacious room for one person.
I would recommend this hotel for its location and value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Courteous and helpful staff; reasonably sized room; several take-out/delivery menus provided; surprisingly economical. My only complaint is that the 2nd bed was a sleeper-sofa. It is not as comfortable as a bed. It appears that Club Quarters' rooms also function as business rooms, so the sleeper-sofa would make sense. When we return to NYC, we will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We booked this hotel through Expedia. Inadvertently we were double booked . Be sure to check your credit card charges before going to hotel as they were unwilling to cancel our "second" room even though both room bookings were identical. Hotel appears to be very inflexible.

Room Tip: Hotel is within walking distance to Ground Zero site. Although room was very small, the very high c...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were slightly concerened at booking into was is obviously a Business hotel for a 6 night City Break, but we need'nt have worried, the hotel was great in almost every respect !

The rooms were on the small side, but for the price and in New York acceptable. My main criteria for judging a room is always how comfortable the bed is and does it have a good shower ? Both were ideal !!

The staff were very helpful and very forthcoming with any advice &/or information. The location is brilliant, being in the Financial District it's much quieter at night, although there's plenty to see & do in the vicinity during the day and the subway is yards away on Wall Street and only took 15 mins. to get to Times Square & all the midtown activities.

If you're worried about security don't, the area is bristling with Police & Security staff as Wall St & the NY Stock Exchange is just around the corner. Elevevators are room card controlled, so we felt very safe in our room !

We intend to visit New York again soon, I will have no reservations about booking Club Quarters if the price works and would recommend it to anyone visiting New York !!

Room Tip: Ours was on the 4th floor overlooking Pine Street which was quiet !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family