The Dylan is at the top of my "short list" of small hotels in Manhattan.
The strongest points of this hotel are:
1. Great location less than two minute walk from Grand Central Station.
2. Superb staff! Both the hotel staff and restaurant staff went out of their way to be accommodating of several special requests that we had with respect to an impromptu five-hour business meeting.
3. The co-located restaurant, Benjamin's, offers outstanding food, reasonable prices, and flawless service. (The restaurant is very popular at lunch and dinner, so it pays to make a reservation.)
The hotel is located in the old Chemists Club building, and has preserved much of the original architectural charm while being nonetheless a very contemporary hotel. This means that the rooms, originally intended for short stays by Chemists Club members, tend to be small, but nonetheless comfortable.
There are no negatives to report.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dylan Hotel in Manhattan unites tradition and modernity exquisitely and with a contemporary elegance that captivates our guests. The building is very emblematic, first having been the residence of the Welsh writer, Dylan Thomas, and later the headquarters of the New York Pharmacists Club. The Dylan Hotel combines the classical lounges and guest rooms of the period with ambiances and areas in contemporary design. We are a non-stop hotel, because the Big Apple never stops. For this reason, the gym and the business centre are open 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dylan Hotel NYC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dylan Hotel New York City
- Dylan New York City