“Beautiful rooms”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #65 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Went to New York for the first time. Was a last minute trip, didnt even reserve a hotel. Our flight was delayed and didnt arrive until 1am. I had no idea of where to stay, was exhausted and didnt know if we could even get a room. I had written down a couple of addresses and decided to pick The Muse first based on reviews from here on tripadvisor, glad I did. Luckily there was a room available and the staff, knowing that we probably wouldve almost paid anything, didnt give the most expensive rate. It was only 150.00 for the night, I couldnt believe it!! The room was beautiful!!!! The staff was sooooooo helpful, they told us what was still open in the area to get something to eat. The hotel is only a half of a block from 7th ave so you are right in times square. I enjoyed the area, although at night you can hear some street traffic, so if you are a light sleeper you may have a dislike, although we stayed at another hotel during our trip and that was the same so i believe that it is the buildings themselves and not just The Muse. It was so nice we were going to stay another night but since the it was a saturday the price jumped to 350.00 for the night, so we decided to hotel hop and stay somewhere else. I plan on going back and will plan better and stay here for the length of our stay!!!

• Stayed: February 2011
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Muse Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2011

I spent last week in NYC for business - the Muse Hotel is a solid choice if you are looking to stay in the Times Square area. I must admit it is not my favorite neighborhood, but I enjoyed my stay.

I spent A LOT of time in the hotel. Due to a snow storm, many things I had planned to do were put on hold. I found the staff to be lovely -- always friendly and willing to assist. The front desk was helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations and the door staff were quick to offer assistance with bags or a taxi. The only time I received spotty service was when I requested a nail clipper (part of the "Forgot It, We Got it program that Kimpton Hotels offers) one evening. It didn't arrive. I had to call and request the clippers again the next day, and they were brought promptly.

I reserved a Double/Double Deluxe room. Although I was visiting New York on business, my brother joined me in the city for a few days. Both the guestroom and bathroom were VERY spacious - there was more than enough space for two people sharing a room. I liked the black and white decor. Small references to the "muse" theme were also featured, such as a small statue and painting that were tastefully scattered throughout the room. I didn't utilize the amenities (I always bring my own), but my brother really liked the Etro products. I rarely commented on housekeeping (I'm not picky), but I must note that they were excellent. The only thing I didn't like was that the room had only one bathrobe. A double room should always have at least two.

A few drawbacks of the hotel: The area is relatively loud. It didn't bother me, because I can sleep anywhere, but if you are a sensitive traveler Times Square may not be the best spot for you. There is also no business center, so you have to bring a personal computer if you want to access the internet.

Overall, I would recommend the Muse for business or pleasure. I enjoyed my stay and would return if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Dear CityGirl610,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and highlight The Muse’s customer service! We will certainly use your comments to continue to improve. We hope to see you again soon at The Muse or any other Kimpton hotel. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 30, 2011

This Hotel was wonderful and I would recommend it to everyone. The Rooms are very large for New York Hotels and Boutique Hotels. Very spacious rooms. My room even had 2 sitting chairs and a desk with a large bathroom. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure visit. The staff was very friendly and went over the top to make our stay even more special.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

A recent review rated New York as the 2nd rudest city in the States - they must have not experienced The Muse. The staff are very friendly and helpful, which was a ver pleasant change from the horrible service we had been receiving in London and Paris.

All the staff greet you and even smile. We had breakfast there one morning and it was absolutely sensational - the eggs benedict is delicious.

It is also very conveniently located amongst the hustle and bustle of Times Square.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Dear V_Damo,

Thank goodness New York's customer service reputation is finally turning around! Thanks for noticing our efforts here at The Muse Hotel. I am glad we made you trip enjoyable and we certainly hope to see you again soon! My mouth in watering at the sound of eggs benedict- YUM! Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us, we all appreciate it very much. See you next time!

Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed at the muse with a friend over MLK weekend and had a great experience. I selected the hotel based on other reviews and it did not disappoint. The room was a little small which is to be expected in NYC but very tastefully decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable. I really like the iPod docking station. Nathaniel checked us in on the front desk and was very courteous and helpful. The location is a block from Times Sq and is a little noisy but I got a good night's sleep regardless. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I never write reviews...but I HAD to write one for the Muse. From the moment my husband and I arrived, we were treated like royalty. We were spoiled rotten and felt like celebrities even though we're just regular people trying to make the best of our very short 2 day vacation. Everything was amazing: the Kimpton In-Touch welcome card upon arrival, a specially selected executive suite (Room 1413 is the bomb!), a lovely bottle of bubbly with a very nice card from management, complimentary spring water to refresh ourselves after a long day, immediate attention for every request we made, complimentary hosted wine hour, beautiful facilities and accomodations -- Just to name a few! I felt so pampered...there is only downside to the hotel -- I am SOOOO depressed to leave this place tomorrow and return to the real world! The Muse has made a Kimpton fan out of me for sure. THANK YOU for a wonderful experience!!! I hope to return soon and be inspired to finish writing my novel.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The welcome was nice, the room quite big, the bathroom too. I especially liked the bathrobe which I bought to bring back home.
Just a little problem with the heating system. It was a bit cold in the room...
The location is perfect, minutes away from Times Sqaure, Rockfeller Center, Fifth avenue and its shops, close to the Subway
I will probably choose to go back there as it was much nicer than those large hotels on Times Square.