“The Muse is amuzing !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 467 Hotels in New York City
montreal
“The Muse is amuzing !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed two nights with my kids at the Muse Hotel and had a wonderful time . The hotel is stylish and has a lot of character but what we enjoyed most was the quality of the staff ...very friendly and always ready to help . The spirit is good !
The location of the Hotel is perfect to go out for theaters or restaurants . It is a few steps from Times Square .
We also liked the 5 o'clock free wine cocktail ...everybody seems happy !
I recommend that hotel !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear lamboil,

Thank you for the A’Muse’ing review!

We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our team as providing exemplary service.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Polish first
East Windsor, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We opted for the Muse because it had balcony rooms. We got one on the 15th floor for two nights for our anniversary.

The room was very nice. I was very surprised to find our stocked bar was not actually a fridge. It was a cabinet. It's something I wish I had figured out before purchasing beer or milk-based drinks :)

The balcony was cool. It was situated in a back corner of the hotel, so the view was limited to an extreme city-view closeup. You see either the tops of buildings (not the prettiest sight) or the skyscrapers that seem to go up forever. We could see the entire Lion King sign in the windows of the building across from us. It was such a unique view! We hung out there for much of the time. It was great to do once and I loved it, but next time I'd like to get a room with views over Times Square.

The location is perfect. It's 1/2 block away from all the action, so it's easy to get around. We walked around everywhere but could duck into where it was nice and quiet (in NYC terms). At 5pm, the Muse offered complimentary wine, which was nice. We were going to borrow their bicycles, but walking and driving in the city was complicated, so we decided against it.

We opted to park using their valet service, and our concierge (Frankie, I think?) was a great guy. The front desk guy upon arrival was very courteous, even though we probably looked like refugees when we arrived (long plane ride).

Overall, we were very happy with our choice. I don't know if I would splurge for the same room (or would opt for a room with a better city view), but I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms do not offer a Times Square view but are still a very nice view of the city.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear jennut1,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your anniversary.

Thank you for the shout outs regarding some of our team members!

We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Sydney NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at the Muse Hotel NYC for 3 nights in May and was extremely impressed. Having heard rooms in NY C were very small imagine my surprise upon entering my room in this hotel that it was extremely spacious. Huge bathroom, two large queen beds and still a lot of room. Most impressive.. The staff were amazing and every night there was "happy hour" from 5 to 6pm free of charge. Even had soft drinks for the children.. Position one block from Times Square yet extremely quiet. This will be my hotel of choice should I return to New York.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear DianaSydneyNSW,

Thank you for the superb review!

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy our extra amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am a frequent guest at The Muse Hotel and often call it "my home away from home." When it came time to come up with the perfect gift for my father in law's big birthday, a trip to NYC coupled with a broadway show seemed ideal. I immediately booked The Muse for their visit. Coordinated everything with Lauren, who is just amazing. My family shared that they were "treated like royalty!" Felt so special. Everything from the transportation they arranged, to the beautiful spacious room, the fantastic welcome treat went off without a hitch. Most of all, they experienced a really comfortable, easy, safe stay in a bustling city and for that I am forever grateful. Special thanks always to Lauren and Barbara for making them feel so welcome.

2 Thank gadler8
Dear gadler8,

Doesn’t everyone like to be treated like royalty? We are always striving to ensure all of our guests feel like the King and Queens they are and so happy to know you enjoyed your stay.

As always we appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you ‘home’ again!
Frederick, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I almost always stay at Marriott properties. This was a one off where the room was being paid for by someone else. The hotel was not great but certainly not bad. The biggest complaint would be how small the rooms are. It is what you would expect for NYC. The challenge is because of my status with Marriott I have not had to stay in a room this small in quite some time. If you are looking for a small boutique hotel you would likely be satisfied here. Good location in Midtown.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jonathan C,

Thank you for your review.

We do apologize that you were not satisfied with your room. Please know we do have other options for larger rooms and if ever you are not 100% satisfied we are here to help. We always want our guests to be happy and comfortable throughout your stay.

We hope we can welcome you back again. Please reach out to one of the managers at tripadvisor@themusehotel.com so we can personally welcome you in!
Orchard Lake, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stay at Kimpton Hotels frequently - am an Inner Circle Member and have come to appreciate the service and special feeling Kimpton hotels usually provide.

This experience was so different that I felt compelled to write about it.

I came in off a red eye from SF. Had to pay for an extra night just to get a few hours of sleep in the morning - but the room was on a low level and the construction noise from outside was so horrible that I needed to use earplugs just to try to get rest. Also, none of the 'extras' they usually provide to Inner Circle members.

When I returned to my room later that day, it had not even been cleaned.

and when i checked out, not even a question about how my stay was or if they could help with luggage or transportation.

Not the experience I'd expect for ~ $500/night.

Room Tip: Only stay in a room on a high floor if you hope to sleep in past sunrise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Monik S,

Thank you for your review.

We thank you for being an Inner Circle member however we sincerely apologize for missing the mark during your recent stay.

I reviewed your reservation and it seems as though the travel agency which the reservation was booked through did not enter your Inner Circle loyalty number to the reservation which is why we failed to send up the extra amenities which are offered and we do apologize about that.

We do understand that you were unhappy with paying for the night before to secure the early arrival. Unfortunately this time of year New York City is running at a higher occupancy and therefore we tend to be sold out most evenings. This makes it hard to guarantee an early check in without paying for the night before.

DUBLIN, IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here for two nights in May and found it to be terrific. Sometimes "boutique" hotels can lack atmosphere or warmth but not here - from our arrival we were treated very well, from the concierge and reception staff to the restaurant staff each morning at breakfast. A wonderful location, just off Times Square, yet quiet for all that. Of particular note, and rare for NYC, were the size of the bedrooms (larger than normal) and the wi-fi (free of charge!). Highly recommended, we'll be back upon our return to the Big Apple.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and grab a balcony room if weather is likely to be good.
1 Thank SPOONER47
Dear SPOONER47,

Thank you for the FAB review!

We are so happy you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.